Page 15 of 418 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 15

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well I guess I'll start that one next!! I spent I don't know how many days reading Pebbles journal a while back! I couldn't stop! And then had to go check out the "sexy" thread they kept referring to! (very funny & who doesn't love to kayak!! LOL You'll have to read it to understand!!) Plus following all the links shared!!! I got quite a few chuckles out of her journal & I am just so impressed with her progress in spite of the challenges she's faced!!

There are just so many to read!! One thing about it...we'll never be bored!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member

A Year from now

Yesterday I spent HOURS reading Winencandy's journal. In the entries for last March, she was mentioning the tsunami in Japan, and I was thinking about the news coverage of that event these past few days, as we approached and hit the one-year anniversary. I started wondering how Winencandy had done in the past year. When I left our heroine, she had been following PB for five months, with some inches lost, but only 2 pounds gone. Very frustrating for her. A gal after my own heart, she had not been telling her friends or relatives what she was doing, only her immediate, in-the-house family, and only in a vague way. She didn't want to defend her diet until she had some results. And though she was feeling good, the amazing, fat-falling-off-you results were not there.

But I was good, and did not skip to the end of the journal. I have my funny little standards.

Then I started wondering, where will I be in one year?

At my hoped for one pound a week pace, I would be at my goal. Which would be lovely. Much rejoicing and buying of new clothes, I presume. But what if I only lost 2 pounds in five months? What if March 2013 rolls around, and I weigh 187?

I will be disappointed. I feel so much better-healthy- now, yet I will be vexed if the weight does not come off. Winencandy is amazing, she just keeps chugging along. Do I have that kind of fortitude lurking inside me?

I do not want to go back to my old ways in frustration. So a challenge for this coming year: learn to be happy with my health, just in case. Learn to love it, to prize it, so that it ALONE is important enough for me to keep on being primal.

And a hope: that I am lucky enough to have my outer appearance reflect all the good things that are going on inside of me.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Time is a man made invention, for convenience. The body does not always follow along with this man made convention. It is definitely a good idea to have non-scale goals. I also prefer to focus on goals that are things I can control, that will hopefully result in a downward trend on the scale. Small changes that I can incorporate one at a time until they are a part of what I do now, then add another. At some point in time I will not even remember what it is that I did to get up to this weight, and I will have changed enough of the not-so-helpful behaviors that I will not only reach my goal but will easily maintain it. The time will pass whether or not I use it wisely.

good luck
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

A lazy Saturday

Happy St. Patrick's Day that was. My middlest was astounded when I mentioned that I still remember the first time I had corned beef, as I was an adult. 'Then, what did you eat for St. Patrick's Day?' 'Nothing special, we didn't celebrate it.' Much goggling. Ever since I discovered corned beef, we have had it every March 17th, and many times a year in between. Oh, the lovely salty tang, the rim of bubbly fat. The cabbage, so tender. The potatoes, a huge pile, mashed with your fork and dripping with butter and pepper. The green dessert!

You may be able to guess what will appear on my food list today.

Yesterday:
    Up at 6:00
    Vitamins

8:00 2 eggs fried inside
    2 red pepper rings
    olive oil
    1 Batty's Blueberry Butter Ball(butter, blues, coconut, egg yolk, vanilla)

1:00 6 oz garlic sausage (pork and beef)
    1/4C marinara
    3/4C cauli-rice
    3 dark-chocolate covered
    macadamias

6:15 4 slices corned beef
    2 small potatoes
    2T butter
    1/8 head of cabbage
    3/4C blackberries

Bed at 9:00

Journal readers, two points if you spot the dietary influences of Winencandy and PrimalCajun.

Strangely, I felt like I was stuffing myself at dinner, but written down, it does not seem extreme to me. Also, the potatoes tasted sweet to me, though my family didn't notice anything. Am I getting that sensitive?

No activity yesterday, instead I spent hours at the computer. You know whom I am blaming.

Ooh, DeMuralist. I love the posts that make me think. And I can count on that from you.

Last night we were watching 'Steamboy' and one character asks what is the purpose of science. Out in the audience of our livingroom, my husband answered it has no purpose, only what mankind chooses to assign it, purpose is a man-made construct. Now here you are, with the same kind of thoughts on time. I think the universe may be whacking me on the head.

When I make goals, I try to follow the rule of having them be something I can control, but I confess falling into that numbers trap. So seductive.

Although, I was looking at my waist yesterday in the mirror, and I feel like it looks a little smaller. Given how hard it is for our self-image to change (at least mine), this seems a great stride forward. And, given how silly we mortals may be, I immediately went for the measuring tape to see if there was numerical PROOF. Why can't I be satisfied with the evidence oh my eyes? Oh, well, a long way to go makes it more exciting. Someday, I'll be super-evolved.

I had a few days a couple of weeks ago where I would catch my reflection and be surprised (in a good way). Unfortunately it was short lived. Then yesterday I had to pull out a pair of shorts to do some work out doors. It wasn't yard work at home, so I actually had to look decent. I don't wear shorts. But I have a couple of pairs from a couple of years ago that I keep incase. Well they were too big. Last time I tried I couldn't wear them as they were too tight. So that was a nice surprise, and when I caught my reflection I did look thinner. I think it must be because I was used to what I used to look like in those shorts.

My "make me think" posts are my way of trying to figure out this thing called "weight loss". I know for me it is not so simple as less in/more out and I will be thinner. I have done week long fasts and not lost a pound. So I am constantly looking for the missing link.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, as you can see in my journal, I've resolved to stop even expecting weight loss until my stress levels can come back from a 10 to at least a 5. There's a lot of research out there that says even if you're doing all you can with diet and exercise, if you're stressed out, it's going to be very difficult to lose weight. You're a writer too, right? I have been super deadline-ridden for years and now am pumping out cover letters for jobs everywhere. Bahhh. So, that doesn't mean not exercising and not keeping the diet clean because it's a lot harder to de-stress if you're not giving yourself at least that much. It just means that I'm not going to nitpick on things like the difference between 1200 and 1500 calories right now. It's probably not worth it to worry about it.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

stress and sleep. those 2 things will dis-rail a weight loss plan no matter what else you are doing, somehow they negatively effect hormones and will not let fat leave the body. So you are probably doing yourself a huge favor by focusing on health and letting go of the scale number for now.
    Chris
    Unknown

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    I am getting more sleep on average than I have in years past. When I even do 6 hours of sleep one night, I can tell a big difference the next day. I'm a lot more crabby, want to crutch on food more for energy - and if I resist that I'm more crabby. At least I've realized food never really solves the problem for more than 5-10 minutes. If I'm sleepy, the only real solution is more sleep. Now if I could know what it is like not to be extremely stressed out ...
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I CANNOT stop reading 'winencandy'. It is getting ridiculous. And I still have a year to go.
    I am flattered. Really. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Yesterday I spent HOURS reading Winencandy's journal. In the entries for last March, she was mentioning the tsunami in Japan, and I was thinking about the news coverage of that event these past few days, as we approached and hit the one-year anniversary. I started wondering how Winencandy had done in the past year. When I left our heroine,
    I do believe this is the first time I've ever been called that

she had been following PB for five months, with some inches lost, but only 2 pounds gone. Very frustrating for her. A gal after my own heart, she had not been telling her friends or relatives what she was doing, only her immediate, in-the-house family, and only in a vague way. She didn't want to defend her diet until she had some results. And though she was feeling good, the amazing, fat-falling-off-you results were not there. But I was good, and did not skip to the end of the journal. I have my funny little standards.
    Then I will not provide any "spoilers"

Then I started wondering, where will I be in one year?

At my hoped for one pound a week pace, I would be at my goal. Which would be lovely. Much rejoicing and buying of new clothes, I presume. But what if I only lost 2 pounds in five months? What if March 2013 rolls around, and I weigh 187?
    You will keep going.

I will be disappointed. I feel so much better-healthy- now, yet I will be vexed if the weight does not come off. Winencandy is amazing, she just keeps chugging along. Do I have that kind of fortitude lurking inside me?
    You make me blush

I do not want to go back to my old ways in frustration. So a challenge for this coming year: learn to be happy with my health, just in case. Learn to love it, to prize it, so that it ALONE is important enough for me to keep on being primal.
    Yes.

Journal readers, two points if you spot the dietary influences of Winencandy and PrimalCajun.
    I see one

No activity yesterday, instead I spent hours at the computer. You know whom I am blaming.
    Who????
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy