Page 149 of 435 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 4347

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 149

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    How would lying about your hours of availability get you an interview?? I'm not tracking...

Glad you were able to score some food and got in touch with the food bank. I think volunteering is a good idea. Then instead of getting free food, you're being PAID with food. Might help make the whole situation feel less unsettling.

Good luck foraging!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Good news! I think.

Oh---maybe, maybe. Honey is off filling out papers for a job!

I would say, he HAS a job, except one was snatched away at the last minute due to 'budget issues'. We're so nervous. Please, please, let this work out.

Eeeee!!!!!

So...papers today, drug test tomorrow, maybe working on Monday? Heck, he could swing by there and start working this afternoon, if they want him to. Please, please, please.

Please.

OH!!! HOW WONDERFUL!!! I hope it pans out to be different than the last time! Best of luck to Honey!!! YAY! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

They are thinking employers want to see that you can work ANYTIME. And it is true, when I went in to interview at Aldi's, they balked at me because I indicated I needed every other Monday evening off for Girl Scouts. This was the ONLY time I would have been unavailable. Asked if I could drop that, and said, straight out, 'then you'll be at the bottom of our list to look at', when I indicated no, I would not give up being a Girl Scout leader. So much for family values, huh? Only the Aldi family matters, I guess.

This afternoon I'm going to the thrift store with Middlest to get her a winter coat, then off to the food pantry to get FOOD. Yay!

Oh... I was thinking interview availability... not working hours availability. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Hoping amd praying for you!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yeah! Congrats to you and honey! fill us in on the details!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thanks for your good thoughts, all. It looks like it is for real, but we can't quite believe it. He's going for the drug test tomorrow. Not sure when he will start. I'm hoping for Monday.

How long do drug results take? And do they wait on them, or take them on faith? I remember one place that Honey worked, one of the new guys got canned after a month because something showed up in his drug test. So, he was working before they had results. I'm not concerned about Honey passing the test- he doesn't do drugs- but I want him to start as soon as possible, and not have to wait for results if they take a while.

I think I will only believe it when he has actually started.

How funny that this should happen right when I finally 'broke' and went to the food bank.

By the way, they gave me an incredible amount of food. And some really cool stuff from Trader Joe's. Spicy Hummus, Feta dip, flatbreads, organic eggs and beef, Eggplant Parmigan. Also, fresh vegetables and fruit, milk and orange juice. Also, many, many cans of food, including some tuna! I'm very impressed. And the guy who was there was very nice, and when he saw me on my bike, volunteered to drive my bags home for me. (I said, 'yes, please!'.)

Got to Skype with Eldest, who is busy with school and club projects. He's looking forward to Thanksgiving so he'll have a few extra days to catch up on things.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    So many things to comment on, but I will focus on the positives:

Congrats to Middlest on both her college acceptance and her art competition!

And excellent Honey news!
    Last edited by winencandy; 11-08-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: missed the art comment
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow! Sounds so promising Sabine!! Got my fingers and toes crossed (eyes too!) that this all works out and quickly too. I like the sound of that food bank! Awesome! Good for your daughter getting some recognition for her art - she sounds really sweet! let us know as soon you know! I am excited for you - got the little flutters in the belly for you!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."