Page 142 of 415 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 4148

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 142

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a rash on my neck and bosom. Heat rash? One of the dogs getting into something and getting it on me? Mysterious reaction to the corn chips our guests brought? (And which I ate way too many of.) All I know is, it itches!

I am being a model of restraint, but I WANT TO SCRATCH!

SCRATCH, SCRATCH, SCRATCH!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope you feel better soon. Itches are the worst!

sorry your first experience with plasma donation didn't go well. Maybe be sure to mention it next time so they use a smaller needle? It'll take longer to draw the blood, but maybe it'll work that way? Good luck.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Be sure and drink a lot as they told you, and if you exercise that day, do it after the donation. That really affects the ease in drawing blood.

Hope the rash eases! Wonder what it is?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    things like contact with mold, mildew and algea can cause rashes......... wondering if any of your dumpster experimenting got any on you? Hydrocortisone cream is probably your best bet to ease the itching and help it go away.

2 years ago I was floating on the lake on a mesh type floating thing........ had a ring a air with a mess center --- anyway - my bum came into contact with some rocks near the bank....... FLAMING rash on my toosh!!!! We're talking Port Wine Stain birth defect looking rash! I looked it up and sure enough - some types of algea can cause some major irritations! I loaded up with hydrocortisone cream everytime I needed to use the bathroom! Plus after showering and before bed! Took about 10 days to go away.

You're curry sounds heavenly. We make curry the India way........ start with onions, sauteed in lots of ghee - then start adding in the spices - cumin, corriander, minced garlic, garum masala, red curry powder (not yellow), paprika, chili powder, cardamom pods, salt and pepper, curry leaves -- let it cook until you have a good paste -- then add the chicken and cook for about 15 minutes, then stir in the crushed tomatos and a big blob of yogurt. Let it slow cook for a few hours - serve over basmati rice. You can also make it with beef, lamb or fish. (hubby is a missionary's son - his parents were in India for 36 years) Our family gatherings are always an India food feast! I love it when I see others cooking India food - its the best food in the world!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    and if you exercise that day
    Ha ha ha ha ha! You're so cute.

I'll be sure to ask for a smaller needle. Good tip, Jenn.

As I haven't gotten IN to a dumpster yet, I don't think that's it. Skin is just a mystery sometimes, isn't it? Glad this one isn't on my toosh!

Curry at Tomi's house, everybody! That sounds fantastic. I've never thought about putting yogurt in. What does that do to/for it?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have never had Indian food... never. Like ever in my life... makes me wonder what I'm missing out on.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yogurt or cream thickens it and adds flavor, at least with the ones we makes. Curry is pretty much a weekly staple for us, in one variety or another.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Curry is the "signature" food of India --- but it goes FAR beyond curry. Buy yourself a good India Cookbook - and go for it! Just remember - the spices are KEY! Get as much as you can from an India grocery store or buy online from an India supply store. The "curry" powder you get at the normal American stores is yellow - that is mexican curry. Its entirely different than India curry. India curry is RED.

Yogurt thickens as NK says - and adds flavor also. Hubby also puts on chutney to add more flavor. We are fortunate to have friends that get us chutneys and curry powder direct from India - its amazingly flesh!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    - its amazingly flesh!
    Now that's an impressive curry powder!

Thanks, Naiadknight!

"3-6-9, 12-15-18, 21-24-27, 30!
    A man and a woman had a little baby
    Yes they did
    Now's there's threeee in the family.
    That's a magic number."

This is what's running through my head this morning, courtesy of Naiadknight's niece.

Dinner last night: beef stew from the freezer. And rice crispies treats.

My rash is showing signs of being poison something. (You know how it gets bubbly after a couple of days?) But not as extreme as it has been in the past. Maybe my body is sick of reacting to the stuff. Figures why should it get so worked up if I'm going to be rolling in this stuff a couple of times per year. Or maybe just some dumb luck.

I have a patch on my face (ugh!), but I have been VERY GOOD about not scratching. Just doing some Japanese Bed Therapy (3 points if you know where I got THAT from) and moaning a little, for effect.

Had a very nice time yesterday, meeting with a friend and going to a free-breakfast-with-luxury-cruise-sales-pitch. Yummy food (HUGE bacon and egg sandwiches on sourdough, which I ate open-faced), beautiful pictures, minimal pressure, and a good friend to chat with afterwards. I even scored a second B&E for lunch before I took the train home. Got a lot of knitting done as well. An oasis of relaxation and pleasure in the midst of stress. Everyone should have one.

Speaking of...is there anything you do, that is so deliciously good, that when you do it, you pray for everyone in the world to experience it, or at least, that feeling? Nice hot baths are that for me. I just relax so fully, when I lay back in one. I can literally feel the worries leaving my body. I can shut my eyes, and just...be.

Cold baths, while they have their own charms (who have thunk?), are just not the same.

But it is too hot right now for hot baths. As soon as night falls, we open up the windows and doors, and sit with the attic fan pulling slightly cooler air over our bodies, sweating. Very 'Cat on a Hot tin Roof'.

Interview for Honey today!