Page 14 of 437 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 14

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I love mine, and actually also have photos of myself in it, which makes it even better. I also know I was 165 lbs in the photo. The reason I remember this is that I did not want to weigh more than the guy I was dating. Up to that point I had always dated big ole football players. I weighed 160 when we met, he weighed 163. Then he hurt his knee so he started to gain, since we ate out nearly every night, so did I. So at 6 months I weighed 165 and he weighed 170. By the time we got married I weighed 170 but he had gone all the way up to 185. By our one year anniversary he was 195 I was 180. He is now 175, and I am 252. Rats, of course I had 2 pregnancies and he didn't
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    to figure your hip to waist ratio, just divide your waist by your hips. In your case, 34 goes into 26= .76. Wow!
    so .76 is a good thing??? I hope?

no idea on 'naming the dress'...I'm sure someone will come up with something kewl!!!

Your food today sounded good!!

have a good night!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sabine! I just finished reading your journal.

1/2 T vanilla (make my own, from pods and vodka- potatoes, they can be primal sometimes)
    I'm trying this too. How long do you leave it? When do you know it's done?

Raspberries with slightly sweetened whipping cream
    Try frozen raspberries with plain whipping cream. It freezes around the berries and is almost like ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    On a sidebar... you HAVE to try pizza with a meat crust.
    Another easy pizza "crust" is a slice of ham.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hi Winencandy! It will be a while before I can say the same to you: I am only on page 30. I love seeing when someone has kept a journal for so long. 1) lots to read, 2)encouraging to see that folks can do this long-term(both primal and the journaling), 3) lots to learn from them. I think there's a whole different perspective when you condensed a year of someone's experience into a week of reading. Patterns start popping out. I'm going to try it with my own journal in a couple of months.

This is how I make my vanilla:
    Slice open and scraped the seeds/powdery stuff out of 2-3 vanilla pods.
    Put the empty pods, and all the scrapings into a 750ml bottle of plain vodka.
    Let sit in a cool, dry place for 6 months. (You can use it after about a month, but longer is better. I always have a bottle in use, and a bottle 'brewing'.)
    You can leave all the plant matter in the bottle while using (it won't start coming out until you are down to the last inch of liquid) or strain it. When I am giving it as a gift, I strain it, and add one closed pod for prettiness.
    I bought my pods in bulk from Frontier this last time, made a big batch to give as gifts, and vacuum packed the rest of the pods to use for my next few personal bottles. They were still soft and fresh, not brittle, and made a really superior vanilla.

IF- On purpose

When I woke up I decided to IF on purpose, until a late lunch over at my friend's house. What with spring break, my schedule has not been routine, and I knew if I tried for three meals, it was going to get weird again. I did get hungry at 1:15, but it was almost time to leave, so I told my stomach, 'it is not convenient right now', and it shut up.

So, yesterday:
    Up at 5:45
    Vitamins

3:00 steaks strips
    mushrooms, red onion, red bell pepper sauteed in
    olive oil
    4 macadamia nuts coated in
    dark chocolate (Yes, PrimalCajun,all due to you. My goodness, they are fantastic!)

Bed at 9:30

I don't think my entry could get any shorter unless I had stomach flu. I was hungry again at 7:45, but that is just too late to eat. Drank some water, and watched a movie with my honey instead. (A very strange movie, 'Gamer', it gave me disturbing dreams. I love my personal choice- automatons freak me out!)

So, more thoughts on IF. Having your stomach actually growl at you is an interesting experience. I am not accustomed to letting myself get that hungry. But there I was, putting new sheets on the bed, and not even thinking about food (with my mind, my body obviously was) and all of a sudden there was a VERY loud rumble. Just one, though. I suppose my stomach in its natural state is more patient than I am. Speaks up, once, then waits politely. Like a good German stomach, perhaps? Maybe that kind of training is good for something after all. Heehee.

I had always viewed the IF part of Primal Blueprint as something others (the crazy hard-core ones) do. Now I'm seeing it might be something for me, on an occasional basis. Certainly, it is convenient. And, I'll be interested to see if IF has any impact on the pace of my weight loss. But, the meat variety in the fridge is piling up. Three meals today! Okay, I am loving how backwards that is. In the past, I would be trying to restrain myself to three meals, now I am trying to get up to it.

I currently enjoy what I get to eat too much to consider purposefully IFing. I do it on occasion when I am busy. The one thing I have learned in this past year is that it is not painful to get hungry. I think about what I used to do to plan for the possibility that I would get hungry while I was away from my kitchen and, God forbid, have to go hungry or stop somewhere and get something. I will say, in defense of myself, when I was eating a higher carb, SAD, diet that when I was hungry (my blood sugar was low) I felt like crap. It wasn't just a growling stomach, I would get nauseous and light headed and cranky (dah, you feel like garbage who wouldn't get cranky?).

Trying Corned Beef today, gonna saute cabbage, and bake potatoes for the boys. Definitely not Irish, just a nod to the Holiday.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Body Confidence

Back in my twenties, when I was doing Weight Watchers for the second time, this happened.

I had just made a new low. Coming home from a meeting, wearing new jeans and a white t-shirt, feeling good about my body and my accomplishment. Stopped at Burger King to get dinner (it was all points, eat whatever you want, as long as you have the points-oh, the wasted years!).

I walked in, and a man who was walking out checked me out as I was approaching (kind of cool) and then as we passed, said something incredibly foul about what he'd like to do to me(not cool at ALL!).

Feeling confident, I flipped him off. What a jerk.

Got my meal, sat down, here's comes the jerk, who sat at the table next to me and proceeded to hassle me for the ten minutes it took for me to get brave enough to get up, and go ask the manager to walk me out to my car.

I did not go back to Weight Watchers the next week, and looking back it is obvious to me that my brain learned the lesson: losing weight makes you look good, which is DANGEROUS.

How much of my weight gain has been poor eating, and how much has been 'safety weight'? I do not get much attention from men, and I have been timid/frightened enough to be fine with that. As I get older, and more confident, I find myself wanting to look good, and to see that others notice it. The confidence I could have enjoyed in my teens and twenties, finally getting here in my forties.

I'd say I'm about a 6 in looks, but I could probably get up to a 7 with some effort and at a lower weight. Wearing clothes that fit is a definite plus. (Ecks, have you bought that 2X yet?)

Now a nicer, and funnier, story from this year. I ran out to the store to buy chicken necks for our dogs, as we were out. I had just been doing some yard work, and was wearing an old grey tank top (and pants. It is not THAT kind of story!). In a hurry, so I decided not to change. Well, this tank top apparently has magical powers, because TWO men FLIRTED with me. Mind boggling.

And as neither of them said anything disgusting, fun.

I had a stalker when I was in my early 20's, even moved to a new city and he appeared there. Very scary stuff. So I can relate to the safety of wearing extra weight.

Jon Gabriel talks a lot about that in his "Gabriel Method" he lost a ton of weight and has a book and dvd's etc. For some reason he also hones in on this safety issue. I listen to his meditation to go to sleep at night, and one of the affirmations is about being safe.
    Chris
    Unknown

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Guess it's time to look hot again! Just remember that doing it this way will make you stronger physically so that you can kick people's ass if they harass you! (And no! I have not bought the 2x grok on Tee yet... Kinda feeling large today so I'll have to wait until the time is right...)
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I CANNOT stop reading 'winencandy'. It is getting ridiculous. And I still have a year to go.