Page 132 of 396 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3954

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 132

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Off to a friend's house, to watch the debate. (No tv here.) I have stuffed my face to try and avoid BAD THINGS but I am going through some serious munchies.

I'll do what I can. (Notice I did not say I'll do my best. )

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Have fun. That's what you should aim to do... Have fun.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

On the way over, we got a flat tire.

A serious one, the kind where the tire starts coming off the rim and flapping around. Luckily, it happened right near a corner, as I was slowing down for a stop light. I was able to get over and pull into the parking lot of a gas station. My friend picked us up and took us home (after the debate). This morning, my Honey and I will bike over, put on the spare, and go get a new tire. Hopefully, the rim is okay. Middlest arranged a ride to school for herself this morning. Yay for friends who will come over and pick you up!

I was so tired from my night's interrupted sleep that I fell asleep ten minutes before the end of the debate. But at least I watched most of it. May go back and catch the end online, and some of the commentary. I always like the commentary the best

Thought it was funny that Obama wore a blue tie, and Romney wore a red one.

Ate a beef patty with mustard, and home-fried potatoes(unknown variety of oil- I didn't ask) with ketchup. Not bad.

I'm going to make some more custard today.

Waiting for a call this morning. It is agonizing.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    No one is going to call you at 6:52 a.m.! Try to gently agonize, if possible. Been thinking about you all week and hoping you'd get those needed phone calls. Probably, if you decide the h... with it and go for a walk, the call will arrive while you are gone. Murphy's Law can often be depended on. Sending very good thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Waiting for a call this morning. It is agonizing.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

I hope the call doesn't take too much longer to arrive. I assume it's a call for a job offer for Hubby.

Bummer on the flat tire. From what I understand about tires, being married to a race car driver who goes through MANY tires, it could have a simple hole in the treadwall, but enough air escaped that the bead broke (the glue that holds it to the rim). This doesn't necessarily mean the tire or the rim are junk... just that the glue came loose. It might still be salvagable.

Now, if the hole turned into a gaping gash by way of driving on it too long without realizing it was flat (at highway speeds, the vehicle usually won't "drop" onto the rim until you slow and will drive along on 3 tires like nothing is wrong) then the tire will be shot, but the rim can often be salvaged.

Anyhow, best of luck with the tire. Hopefully it just needs more adhesive, a patch and an air hose.

Heehee. It was 8:52 our time! It is noon now, nothing yet. I should know better than to trust any time a recruiter gives us, but I guess I just can't help myself.

Our two front tires have been needing to be replaced for a while. Getting worn, a couple of spots where the weave is showing. I was ekeing them out, not wanting to spend money. But this was apparently caused by a nail, at least we saw the head of it when we took the tire off. Getting the spare from underneath the van was an adventure in itself. We had to get the manual out, and it involved sticking tools into mysterious holes in the bumper that we had never noticed before, and lowering it, like a chandelier for cleaning. Jacked up the van and got the spare on. The spare is in great shape, which is nice to know. Then I drove over to Discount Tire.

Plug: Every time I have gone to Discount Tire the service has been great, and the workers friendly. They have water and coffee for while you wait, and I just really like them.

Back to me: I was out of there in 45 minutes, and it didn't even cost as much as I feared. They gave us some credit for the old tires. This is the first flat tire I have had where the tire part was half off the rim. It is so alarming looking! Like having a gash on your face. Just wrong, and you want to DO SOMETHING.

Honey is off on a bike ride. I am hoping that there will be a message for him when he gets back. I am not going to attempt anything useful today (well, you know, besides the stuff you HAVE to do!) and just self-medicate myself with movies and knitting. I did have a little crying episode in the van. Not while the tire was blowing out, or during the changing, but only when everything was safely over, fifteen hours later. I am such a mom. I've been told I am very calm during emergencies, and I believe it, looking back at what I've been able to do when the chips are down, but once it is over, whoo, all bets are off.

Beautiful custard on my counter this morning, made with the last of the cream and topped off with some milk. I can't wait to dig into it.

We left all three dogs alone in the house today, during the tire adventure. They have gotten to the point where we don't feel we are risking Chica's safety. They have had a few tussles, but all resolved by them with some snaps and snarls, figuring out who is the head honcho. And they are perfectly willing to snuggle together a few minutes after. Salem and Chica are sitting next to each other right now, on the rug in front of our patio doors.

I am off to watch 'The Emperor's Club' with Kevin Kline.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Gracious me! Tire drama can be horrid, and I can relate to being fine in the midst of a crisis and then falling apart later! So glad you noticed the flat before damage was done and that the repair was not expensive!! Am praying with you for a good call later - let us know asap! My dad would be drooling over your custard - he is a lifelong fan, I really don't like it - never have. But glad you are enjoying it! Funny, the only kind of pie I miss is the scrumptious meat pies you can buy in South Africa. My hubby LOVES pie of all types, and I never make it - just isn't even on my radar. I should surprise him with a primal version sometime So glad to hear the dogs are all getting on well - hopefully Chica just becomes part of the family and the neighbor just lets you have her!

Enjoy the movie and hopefully there is good news waiting for you when you are done!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

So, I see Chica has adopted you as her new family, even if you haven't made the final decision to adopt her. I think I would keep her in the house as part of your family until the old family asks for her back. Maybe they never will and she'll be yours to love and care for. If they love her, they'll ask for her back.

PrimalCon New York
    This is the sixth day that she has been with us full time(following six days of here most of the time), so I don't think they are that interested.

No call yet,, but I enjoyed the movie and had a fun time with my Honey, so I'm doing well. Honey is antsy, but what can you do? Two more hours to the work day. We'll hope for something by then.

Middlest is going to a friend's house after school, and then to watch a play, so I don't have my ordinary mid-afternoon tasks. I will seize the opportunity and watch ANOTHER movie, complete counter-point to a stirring emotional and intellectual piece with Kevin Kline: '30 Minutes or Less'. (Would it kill them to make it 'Fewer' rather than 'Less'? Probably.) Strangely, Jesse Eisenberg is in both of them.

And maybe some custard.

What am I saying?

Definitely some custard!