Page 13 of 416 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 13

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I was wondering about the stars... what do they mean???
    It means someone rated her journal highly. Congrats on that and the lessening of night time anxiety. I am well aware of how sick that can make you feel.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

This, that, and the other

If anyone knows about night time anxiety, it is you, Pebbles. I can't imagine being afraid to go to sleep because your heart just wants to go slower and slower, and you might forget to breath! Aaaah! I'm glad your sleep machine is showing you are getting some good sleep. Seems like you have figured out what was wrong with the very-low-carb/thyroid/iodine situation.

At least my worries (real or imagined) are long-term, slow-moving things. And, I admit, I am very motivated by fear, so there's another good point: I get scared, and I take action. If only I can get to the point where I can remember the fear, without feeling it. Then I'd be set.

Ecks- I love crushed pork rind! On chicken as you do, and for coconut shrimp. But I don't think they would work for thickening/binding, the way a flour does. Or are you really pulverizing them into a powder? I just whirl them in my food processor until they are fine crumbs.

Did pretty well on having smaller meals today. Can't say I was SUPER hungry at dinner time, but I was interested in it.

I am loving that 'view first unread' feature on the journals. Whoever thought that up is a compassionate genius. So easy to follow along, once you get caught up.

Had a hilarious text from a friend who gave me some homemade biscotti yesterday. Verbatim:
    "...the biscotti have only hazelnuts, flour, vanilla, eggs, and minimal sugar. No butter or oil added (nuts provide some oil). A pretty healthy recipe! The only biscotti recipe w/o butter we could find." I just told her I love hazelnuts, and let it stand at that. But it gave me a good chuckle, if not an edible dessert.

Yikes! My middlest just brought me home a gift fruitcake from Collin Street Bakery. I love that stuff. Might throw it into the freezer to save for my birthday. Or anniversary. Or Christmas.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Sabine...I remember my measurements when we got married...34/26/34...I always felt my waist was to 'thick'! Now I'm dying to see if I can get back there! lol When I can fit back into my size 11 wedding dress that had to be taken in a lot I will be happy. I also have a western suit (remember this is Texas!) that was made for me my senior year of high school. I still have it & its my ultimate goal to get back into it. It is soooo little!! lol I actually have a picture of me in it...will have to see if I can scan it & maybe I'll post it.

So how does one figure the waist to hip ratio?

Oh & congrats on the stars!! Aren't they fun to see??
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I have a short skirt, I call it my "rebellion skirt" 'cause I bought it without 'permission' of my ex-husband, who wouldn't let me wear short skirts....and it was my favorite skirt after I left him . My goal is to fit in that skirt again (I was wearing that skirt the first time I met my current husband )
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Sorry, Nikki66, I'm strictly hetro. If Michael37 couldn't get me with his sweet spam, you definitely don't stand a chance. Maybe you should try Gravyboat.

Clothes make the woman

I remember a pair of pants I bought after dieting my way down one summer. It was from a book called 'The Dallas Doctor's Diet,' and you ate whatever you wanted, but consciously, slowly, and stopping as soon as you were full, ranking your hunger from 1 to 10. And you only ate when you were TRULY hungry, in essence, mindful eating and some IF. Way too much focus on thinking about food for me, even then, but it did work (I was YOUNG- 21). My weight got down to 159, and I thought I was pretty hot stuff. These pants were a deep turquoise, and had spandex in them, so they were snug. I called them my 'slut pants', and definitely did a little strut when I was wearing them.

Which wasn't long. Summer over, I went off to college, and gained 15 pounds.

The article of attire I'd like to fit back into is a dress I wore on my 25th birthday. I have no idea what my weight was then, but in the picture I look good. An hourglass, just like PrimalCajun( to figure your hip to waist ratio, just divide your waist by your hips. In your case, 34 goes into 26= .76. Wow!). I'll be 50 in a couple of years: it would be neat to have a companion picture made. It is a classic style, too, a blue, fitted-waist shift, so it wouldn't even look too weird. However, it has no snazzy name, like 'slut pants' or 'rebellion skirt'. Instead, it is known as 'the paramecium dress' because the pattern was lots of squiggly ovals.

If it is going to be a goal garment, I need to come up with something better. Suggestions?

Alright, enough fashion.

Yesterday:
    Up at 5:30 (before the alarm!)
    Vitamins

8:30 sweetbreads sauteed in
    butter with
    mushrooms
    1/2t potato starch
    2T cream

3:00 lunch out at Que Huong
    4 little pork meatballs
    8 meat links- beef
    1C cucumber, carrot, herbs
    ginger dipping sauce

6:45 2 slices roast pork with a nice rim of fat
    1T stewed prunes, cherries, cranberries
    multi-stock
    2/3C zuccini with
    butter and dill
    2/3C cauli-rice sauteed in
    olive oil

Ate less on purpose that I usually do, so that I would be hungry sooner. Worked for lunch, not so much for dinner, but a success in the sense that I faced my fear of possibly, maybe, just perhaps getting hungry. It is not as scary when the hunger doesn't drive you crazy into a sweet roll. Instead, I was satisfied with saying, 'ooh, I'm hungry' and 'let's hurry and get to the restaurant, I can't wait to eat'. (Movie aside- we were coming from seeing 'This Means War'. Very fun romantic-action-comedy/buddy movie.)

Also, I stayed away from the noodles, even though I still wanted to pick at something. Could have eaten more meat if it was on the table, and even thought about ordering more meatballs, but I figured my brain would have caught up with my stomach by the time they came out, and when we left the restaurant, I wasn't thinking about eating more, so it worked.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have a really old Mash 4077th tshirt from like the 70's that I found in my stepdad's dresser one day when I was in high school. It no longer fit him so I stole it. It's really threadbare now, but I would LOVE to be able to wear it again without looking like a sausage. It's hanging in my closet on a hook so I don't forget about it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

wren is offline Member
    Good to meet you too! There are so many aspects of my life that I want to improve (and I've got a really great life, so I'm not complaining) - I want to be better for my family, for me. But, in truth, it's not the right time to do all of them - I'd get overwhelmed.
    But I NEED to be successful at primal - I feel so much better when I eat right - and I want that 24/7. Please always feel free (encouraged even) to share any suggestions!

wren is offline Member
    I have a blue light - and but usually didn't/couldn't wake up to it. It's great once I'm awake though. I have set up an alarm on my cellphone to play birds in the morning along with it vibrating. Some mornings it's the birds waking me, some mornings it's the vibration immediately followed by the birds (sometimes I can't tell if it's the birds on the phone or the birds on the tree branch). But it is so much nicer than a blarring alarm! Now if only the sun would pop up earlier...

wren is offline Member
    Demuralist - I have the dress that I was proposed to in as well! My kids just laugh at me, but it's a great memory - and a great dress too!