Page 11 of 435 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 11

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow! Thanks for all the comments, kudos, and high fives, everyone. I woke up to this nice chunk to read. It is always fun to know someone has read your post.

Wren- glad to meet you. Reading other people's journals on MDA has been such a big help to me. And I am getting a lot out of keeping my own. It is making me really think about my relationship with food, and slowly, as I get more into primal, the other aspects of my life that I should be thinking about(sleep, exercise, stress, play!). Also, whenever I read non-fiction books, I love the sections where a personal experience is related. Journals are like an endless supply of them. It gives me a lot of inspiration to see others overcome their struggles. Or not, but keep going.

DeMuralist- I am trying to go to bed at 9:00, so having at least a few hours between eating and sleeping puts me at 6:00. It is from a combination of factors: not wanting to lay down while I am still digesting(hold over from my heartburn incidents), something I read on Leptin Reset, just a general feeling that sleeping right after eating doesn't give you time to 'burn off the calories'- a hangover from CW, I guess. My body COULD use those calories to rebuild, but my imagination has it making little fat building blocks. Need to get over that, but anyhow, that's my reasoning.

Not hungry

Woke up- not hungry!

I was expecting my stomach to be saying, okay, I complied yesterday, now FEED ME, but nothing yet. Guess I'll just go back to normal. Normal. What a lovely sensation.

This was yesterday, short and sweet:

Up at 6:20
    Vitamins

8:00 grilled porkchop (last one)
    2 eggs fried in
    lard
    1C spinach, red bell pepper, mushrooms

2:15 bratwurst with
    mustard
    1/2C spinach, red bells, mushrooms
    1 1/2C niwatori slaw
    1 small apple(so cute, almost bite-sized)
    almond butter

Bed at 9:15

This daylight savings is brutal. I'm having to get up to the alarm every morning, instead of my eyes popping open on their own. I'm setting the alarm for 10 minutes earlier every day, so that by the end of spring break, I'll be back to my regular schedule. I WAS able to fall asleep at the 'new' normal time yesterday, instead of staying up late, so hopefully I am getting used to it.

Today, a day of socialization with friends. We are getting together to sew. We swapped quilt blocks a week ago. Some of us will be putting those together, some will have other projects, some will just show up to talk. Yay! There's nothing like time with friends. Very primal.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I think about food now wondering why I don't think about it:-)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sabine, your day sounds divine! I would LOVE to have time to spend with friends and just get some crafty projects out of the way - like the many scrapbooks I want to complete/start that I haven't been able to work on since February 2009... I miss it.

I think you're doing great and will continue to do great.

Speaking o food... getting hungry now.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ooo, sounds lovely to do a quilting bee! I am going to do a quilt with my daughters favorite t-shirts, and a couple of other moms want to get together to do the same. Never quilted before so this will be an adventure. Have fun!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Wonder if this would help...

Philips - Wake-up Light HF3470/60 - Wake-up light - Light therapy - Personal care

Our bodies were naturally designed to wake up to a light. I just bought one of these and now I decide when sunup is. And if it doesn't wake you up you can have it play a noise after. Mine plays morning sounds of birds if I don't get woken up by the light. It happens so gradually now that I rarely remember waking.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

That sounds nice. Thanks, Ecks!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh, that would be great, if I could just talk the hubs into waking up with me at 5:30.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I would have to talk hubbz into letting me spend $100 on a lamp! lol

This is getting ridiculous

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I missed dinner again!

In one way, it is fine. If I am not hungry, why eat? On the other hand, I like to eat dinner with my family. It is our main time to connect. And, I like to eat three times a day. There are so many yummy meals, eating just twice a day reduces what I can eat. I am not a patient person. Right now we have: steak, sweetbreads, chicken, bacon, and pork roast in our fridge. Five meals worth of stuff. At three meals a day, that 1 2/3rds days. At two: 2 1/2 days. Agony!

I'm going to try smaller meals tomorrow. I need to get over my mental fear of being hungry, the anticipation of it. My experiences of the past days show that isn't a problem for me anymore.

Also: sweetbreads. I prepped them this morning to have for dinner. Obviously, I'll be having them for breakfast instead. I have never eaten them before. Feeling very adventurous.

Oh, and garlic sausage! I forgot the sausage. Six meals!

Ecks- a sunrise light is on my someday list. I love the idea of waking to my own personal dawn.

Page 11 of 435 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast