Page 108 of 396 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3955

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 108

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sending you long distance hugs.

Financial stress can take such a toll. It raises your cortisol levels so high. I have to find the article but there is evidence that elevated cortisol levels directly affect leptin, and all the other hormones and therefore affect the ability to resist overeating etc. I'm sure you already know that. Don't be too hard on yourself. We went through major financial overhaul/deconstruction about 22 months ago. We've lived on one car since then and it wasn't too bad. We're getting a second car this fall and all around have saved up a lot of money.

By the way, my cousin's daughter arrived safely and happily in waxahachie and loves it. She hasn't experienced heat like that but seems too excited about American high school to care.

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Money stress and now...puppy stress!

Thanks for the kind words, Jenn, Siobhan, and Avocadogirl.

Woo, what a time to arrive in Waxahachie! I think it was up around 110 there the other day. I hope she has a great school year.

Just got inside from barricading the neighbor's fence(the part that leads out to their front yard). The puppy is still squeezing through, and I am afraid he is going to get run over or something. Since they are not doing anything about it, I guess it is up to me. Every bit of spare lumber we have is now pressed up against their chain link fence. I hope it works. I have become expert at lowering him back into his yard through the use of a bucket and rope.

I came inside, and wanted to EAT! Anything and everything. But realized it was just stress, and talked myself into mixing up a new pitcher of electrolyte water instead, and posting my frustrations away, instead of eating them into submission.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    This might sound crazy and illegal and all kinds of wrong, but can you steal the puppy? Take it to a no-kill shelter or find a new home for it? Those people should not be pet owners.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    This might sound crazy and illegal and all kinds of wrong, but can you steal the puppy? Take it to a no-kill shelter or find a new home for it? Those people should not be pet owners.
    I say take it and give it the care it needs.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Wow, you really do have a lot on your plate and I say 'jolly good show' on not eating your stress away (like I have been lately!) I too find it very difficult to watch other people being so irresponsible and uncaring with their animals. I can get myself in quite a state over it - hopefully something resolves there soon (or it finds a better home through some kind of act of God )
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    People who dont care for animals shouldnt have them. I can't imagine mistreating our 2 dogs and cat.

Well done you for getting back on top of everything. The seems to shine a little brighter when you dont have worries like that hanging over your head.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sabine, so sorry you have to go through so much stress because of financial issues. I hope things get better soon!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Taking a break from journalling

The stress is getting to me, so I'm am cutting back. No journalling for a while, though I will probably still be reading. See y'all later. I'm hoping to see lots of good stuff in your journals.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Keep fighting the fight and easing your stresses with great food, exercise and family time.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Best wishes to you, Sabine. You have great instincts and they will send you in the right direction. xxxooo
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden