Page 107 of 414 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 4135

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 107

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Okay, I am back

Primal Fuel
    Major financial stress has been leading to major emotional eating. Although intellectually I know that if I am eating well I will feel better, emotionally...well.

I am struggling to get back on track. I am NOT weighing myself. At this point, I just want to get back to feeling good again, before I worry about what weight damage I have done to myself.

Thank you all for your comments. It was good to come back to my journal, after avoiding it, and find such great things to boost me.

Today I will do these good things: drink plenty of water to rehydrate myself and flush out the remains of fig newtons, chex mix, tortillas, and cupcakes (Yes.); walk to the library and at the gym; do some shovelglove; make some greens so I am ready for breakfast tomorrow.

One positive to hiding out from the forum for a week is that you have lots of great things to read when you come back.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I know how you feel with the financial stress. Brad and I are clawing our way back to the top as we speak... Surprisingly, I havne't been turning to food to ease my stress. mostly, all I've done is vent here and keep reading and that seems to be a pretty good coping mechanism for me. But, I'm also not at home during the day with non-primal/paleo goodies to tempt me.

Hang in there. Worrying solves nothing. You can only do what you can do. Whatever the trouble is will be taken care of b/c you're a responsible adult. Just keep communicating with whomever the trouble is with and know that it'll be solved soon enough. Worrying isn't going to make the trouble go away. I've learned this the hard way after many many years of irresponsbile spending on mine and Brad's part. We're paying for it now, but it's getting better. Your situation will too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Financial issues are the most stressful.

I am in the process of setting up our budget for Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. When I put in the numbers for monthly expenditures versus salary, I came out with a negative $1200 balance. My mother left us an insurance policy payout which is already gone because we used it to make ends meet. OK, we bought some crap too. I hate how money slips through our fingers.

My husband really needs to get a full time job. I am trying to encourage him to finish his resume and apply without sounding like a nag. UGH
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Financial issues are the most stressful.

I am in the process of setting up our budget for Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. When I put in the numbers for monthly expenditures versus salary, I came out with a negative $1200 balance. My mother left us an insurance policy payout which is already gone because we used it to make ends meet. OK, we bought some crap too. I hate how money slips through our fingers.
    our budget does not account for diapers, paper towels or toilet paper... There wasn't room in it. In most cases, I try to slip them into the grocery budget, but 2 packs of diapers (one for home and one for daycare) really eats into a budget. Those usually end up on a credit card... despite Dave's instruction to never use credit again.

A book review

Yesterday I drank plenty of water, did the shovelglove and walking, and got my greens ready. Also made a batch of red cabbage kraut! My refrigerator is starting to be crammed with little bottles.

Today I want to keep up with the water, walking, and shovelglove, and add one BAS to the mix. I still ate crap yesterday, but doing the positive stuff is a step forward. I will probably eat crap today, too, but if I get those greens and a BAS in, I'll feel better. I know I will. And feeling better makes it easier to leave the crap behind. (Note to self: next year, make a different Dexter-viewing snack than 'blood' spattered cupcakes, no matter how many cute picture Littlest shows you. Tiny little royal icing knives!)

A few weeks ago I put 'Six Weeks to OMG' on my hold list at the library, in spite of its awful title. (I was glad we have self-checkout, so no one would have to see me getting it.) It is written in a very breezy way, to go with the title, I suppose, but the main points he hits, without fancy names, are: cold thermogenesis, intermittent fasting, low-carb, plenty of protein, eat good fats, natural foods, gentle exercise, occasional weight-lifting, good sleep habits. Sound familiar? He also has lots of scientific sources in the back of the book. I was impressed in spite of myself, and I guess having this material presented in all different styles, can only be to the good. His target audience is very clearly the teen to young adult female, and I would be very happy for any young girls I know to read this. But remember how 'Lemony Snickett' had a reversible book cover? That would be a good idea for this.

I was just thinking that it might be ok to read if you could take the jacket off of it and stash that away at home - then you'd not have to worry about being embarrassed if anyone saw the book.

Good to know it's not your typical "get skinny" book.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Keep on, Keeping on. You will get there. Financial worries can put stress on even the cheariest of people/strongest of relationships. I spent a year studying recently which forced me to stop working. This put serious demands on my wife who I cant stress enough was an absoute hero!!

There were times I wanted to quit the course to get back to work (I hate not providing for my family - Im happy to work even if it means the girls can go shopping [which they seldom do]), but my wife made me stick it out. I got an A in the course and two jobs because of it.

You have to make time for your exercise, even if its playing with a pet or family member. Toy fight, train hard, try something new.

Richard

Yesterday I got in the walking, (some of it near a cute little farm with geese and cows), and water, and plenty of vegetables, although none in an actual BAS format. Missed the shovelglove. Managed to only eat chocolate for the crap portion of my diet. I consider that a step up from cupcakes.

Had an outrageous rush of adrenaline and the shakes during the bill-paying portion of my day. I could feel my body reacting to the stress. Not pleasant. But it is over, and next week we will be caught up on one of the bills that I am fretting over.

I have been thinking about trying cold baths for a little while. I ran one this morning, and discovered that with the pipes running through the sun-warmed Texas ground, the coldest I can get a bath is 78 degrees. Heehee. Guess I'll be making some ice before I try again.

Now I'm off to try and earn some money.

Try not to fret too much... like you said. It's over.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I can relate to the financial stress - I ended up in a fair pickle through no fault of my own (really!!!) What a relief it was to reduce my living expenses by half in moving to this new home. Now I am on top of things. Good things happened to me and they will happen to you too.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold