Page 103 of 418 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4176

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 103

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    to the picture, Jenn. Of course, it makes me want to get 'It starts with Food' even more! Our library does not have it, so I'm putting it on my To Buy list. I didn't look all the way through 'OMG', just stopped at that Cold Therapy section, which was engagingly written, I must say. But the title was a little embarrassing to be seen reading, regardless of what was inside.

Does anyone else (who is overweight) get this: I don't like to be seen looking at 'diet' books. Even though I obviously need to lose weight, and me looking at a diet book is probably viewed with approval by anyone who sees such a sight. Somehow, I feel embarrassed/ashamed. When you would think I would feel empowered. A, 'yes, I have a problem, but I am doing something about it' attitude. But that never seems to happen. As though I could deny I am fat, unless you see me reading a book? What's the deal with that?

Avocadogirl- the stress is abating. The whole situation is still there(though not that urgent one, yay! Thank you, God, thank you!) but I am dealing with it best I can, trying to improve my habits. Luckily for my mental state, I am a very type B personality. I can go with the flow. Unluckily for improving my situation, I am a very type B personality, and find it hard to knuckle down and change myself for the better.

Siobhan- I am using an eight-pounder, and I just jumped right in. It was fun, and satisfying. I didn't feel it after the first or second day(though it tired me out while I was doing it), but after skipping yesterday (bathroom repairs were kicking my butt- and I'm still not finished. This wall WILL be sealed, however! Somehow!) I can feel the muscles talking a bit.

Last night I had my second dream where being primal featured. The first one a few days ago had GayPanda in it . In this one, I had to list my diet for a team of blood doctors. They were impressed. (As well they should be!)

Yesterday:

4 hours of sleep-ugh!
    Forgot my vitamins, too

8:15 2 eggs, porkchop, 1C greens!

1:00 standard salad with meatloaf

4:30 protein shake with coconut milk

6:00 2 slices liverwurst, fried cod, mashed cauliflower, 1/4 acorn squash

20" swimming

Fell asleep EARLY

I need to make up a new batch of greens before I can eat breakfast. I meant to do it last night, but crashed on the couch, instead. Maybe this should be the day I skip breakfast. But, oh, those greens! I love it when the yolk from the egg bursts out and oozes into them.

Okay, need to get cracking! I am walking Middlest to her job along with the dogs, and getting our walking done while it is still bearable. 106 degrees yesterday. Wilt. My Honey was DRENCHED in sweat yesterday when he got home from work(he bikes) and looked like he had lost five pounds in his face. Of course, then he drank his liter of soda (ugh) and fleshed out. I wish he would quit. I'm sure his belly (about the only fat left on his body) is from that.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Okay, need to get cracking! I am walking Middlest to her job along with the dogs, and getting our walking done while it is still bearable. 106 degrees yesterday. Wilt. My Honey was DRENCHED in sweat yesterday when he got home from work(he bikes) and looked like he had lost five pounds in his face. Of course, then he drank his liter of soda (ugh) and fleshed out. I wish he would quit. I'm sure his belly (about the only fat left on his body) is from that.
    Omg, yes, eggs are best when they do that whole oozing over the greens. My favorite breakfast when I have time for it.

Good for you walking like that in the heat. It's pretty hot here and I go out with the baby and the dog, and I return feeling like I need someone to IV some fluids back into me. My hubby is also a soda addict. He drinks so much Diet Coke I think he's pickling his GI tract with it. Sigh. I've stopped trying to make a logical argument with him about it. He will need to find a way to stop on his own.

How do you make your protein shakes? What kind of powder do you use? I am trying to use up some Vega protein powder that I have leftover from before being primal. It's almost out so now I'm looking to replace it with a more appropriate powder.

We use Gold Standard 100% Whey from ON True Strength Optimum Nutrition. I use a scoop of vanilla-flavor(24g Protein, 1g fat, 3g carb) with half a can of coconut milk (delicious!) or water with 2T of cream (good). I also slip it into my daughters' fruit smoothies (half a scoop), and they don't notice. It has an unobtrusive, not overly sweet taste.

My Honey prefers the chocolate, but I don't want to make my body think about chocolate- it will just make me want the real thing.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey, just stopped in to check out the log after starting my own. Keep fighting the fight. im sure if you keep working hard and kicking your goals then your hubby wil follow suit.

Richard

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    That is a terrible title for a book. I would be embarrassed to be toting it around too, if it were me. Why do they give books such ridiculous names? And I know the feeling about being fat and looking at weight loss books. I don't have that problem anymore now with my Kindle. No one knows what book you're reading when you're reading on a Kindle.

Our hubbies definitely need some work in the diet area... Mine has a significant amount of weight to lose, but at least he's stopped drinking pop.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Taking a break from the nightmare that is kitchen plumbing. Why should snaking be so hard?!? Is there some trick that I am just not comprehending?

Thanks for stopping by Richardmac. I'll checkout your journal.

Pop and chips, those are his biggies. But he's a grown man.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you on the book title. It's just embarrassing. I'm insulted by the idea that the reason I want to lose weight is to make my friends jealous or look bad. I also have no desire to be skinnier than anyone. I don't want to be skinny, I want to be slender and strong as hell. I'm already stronger. Now that the pain in my hands is gone, I can open jars I would only have dreamed of. One of my friends brought a jar to prayer meeting this morning in the hopes that someone could open it (she's a widow) and guess who opened it for her? I'm so proud.

Oh, and I bought a sledgehammer today.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Horrible

My dogs killed a chihuahua puppy that got into our backyard. It was just terrible. We are all in tears over it.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Oh Sabine, I am so sorry to hear this and will add this to my prayers.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Hey Sabine - just wanted to pop in, say hi and check out what you're doing and DAAAANG 113 pages of posts. I don't have the brain power for all that right now, so I just read the last few pages to see if I could catch on. You're on just meat and veggies right now, just curious if you're including fat. That helps satisfy my hunger immensely. I shopped this evening in prep for eating again on Thursday and ended up buying about 8 tins of sardines - plenty of satisfying fat there. You've really got to watch the ingredients because lots of the canners pack the fish in soy oil or other crap. And Brisling sardines are the smallest and best. If you don't like sardines, well then just disregard that info.