Page 101 of 421 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4201

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 101

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had the same breakfast! I hope yours was as great as mine.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It was delicious! Plus, I remembered to try the sauerkraut. Tangy, and crunchy, so different from the canned stuff. I'm going to let it sit at least another week before I put it in the fridge, to increase the tang.

Verytired today about an hour after lunch, just like yesterday. Looks like it might take a while for my body to adjust to this.

Denied!

The plan for today was to have an early dinner, then do the child transport, and have my protein shake as an early evening snack/dessert sort of meal.

Dinner didn't happen until 5:30, so here I sit, mentally wanting food, but just not hungry, and about to go to bed. I keep missing food opportunities. I may have to plan for more protein at each meal, to get in the amount I want. I would rather go over once in a while, than be under, day after day.

I got a copy of 'Nourishing Traditions' from the library, and am devouring it. I definitely need to get a copy of this to own. I am enjoying it more than 'The Art of Fermentation'. I'm getting an education with the second one, but I like the chattiness and recipes in NT. With TAOF, I keep thinking, 'that sounds great, how about a recipe?'

I think I will buy two bunches of beets for my next greens mix, and make a batch of pickled beets to add to the sauerkraut and garlic. I offered my honey a clove to test for me yesterday as he was brushing his teeth. For some reason he turned me down. I had to crunch it myself- it still needed a little while. I do have a bit of a quibble with the universal time for pickling in NT. Everything seems to take three days. Really? My garlic has been sitting here for four now, and still has a 'raw' center. But I guess it is a good place to start.

Have I ever mentioned that it is my dream to someday own a pie safe? Since we make so many pies at Thanksgiving (but only then) it would be quite a sight. If I get into fermenting vegetables, it could be a place for all my jars of yumminess in the off 51 weeks of the year. What a nice fantasy.

Back in the 180s! Yay!

Yesterday went well, except for missing a meal. I walked almost two hours total! Woot.

Today will likely be another missed meal day, but I'm planning for it this time. I'm about to eat an early breakfast, lunch is going to be my sashimi feast, and then I will try to sneak in a protein shake before going to work out. I don't like to eat after I get home from the gym usually, but after gorging on raw fish at lunch time, I think I will have met my protein needs.

Hmmm. Just realized it is likely to be a low vegetable day. They don't have much in the way of suitable vegetables at this place; too many mystery sauces. Maybe instead of a shake, I should have turkey and veg. But I doubt I will feel like eating at that point, I was just going to chug down a shake for the protein. Dilemma. Oh, well, I'll see what happens.

Peter409, let me introduce you to Janet404. I think you're perfect for each other.

I was thinking last night at the gym. (Yes, I went to the gym. I even did weights, which I can feel this morning.) I have been enjoying seeing my graph line rise to greater heights, but it has been going up five days in a row. I knew a plateau (not in the true sense, just in the graph sense) was due anytime, and I started thinking about what my attitude SHOULD be, rather than letting myself be surprised with any old attitude that showed its face. Since I had been thinking of my graph, I tried to figure out what would be the exact opposite of my usual reaction.

I decided that every time my number stayed flat or increased, I should do something special, enjoyable, indicating that my body was still working at weight loss, even if it wasn't visible. It should be nothing to do with food or exercise, but should be sensual and creative, fun! And nothing I do all the time anyway, a real treat. Oh, and it shouldn't cost much money because I just don't have much money right now.

I decided on putting together and using my rug loom. Every day that I am holding steady, or bobbing about, I'll work on the rug. Just like my body, progress may be so little as to not show up, but bit by bit, it will get done. I've been wanting to try the 'old t-shirts' rag rug, so that's what it will be. And I will make it out of yellow, to match our small bathroom.

In recognition of all this hard thinking, my body bobbed back into the 190s, so I get to start today!

Everything was good yesterday. I enjoyed my sashimi, and managed to squeeze in a protein shake before the gym. NO creme brulee or rice was consumed. I walked, did weights, had good sleep, drank plenty of water. I'm pleased.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what a great idea. Hope it keeps you on track.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Oh, can I tell you how bummed I was to find out you can't get "Nourishing Traditions" as an ebook. I tried through my Nook. I love having cook books on my Nook tablet because, sheesh, my kitchen counters are busy enough. If we lived closer to each other, I'd buy "Nourishing Traditions" and share it with you.

Do you follow the blog "The Nourished Kitchen", I love her fermented foods recipes. I made the lacto-fermented ketchup and my kids devoured it. I felt all "bwahahahahah, you are succumbing to my evil plans!"

Avocadogirl- I'll have to check that out. (Oh no, another blog to follow!) I bought some yogurt today so I can make whey for a few of the recipes: beets, and ketchup are next on my list. I've got the fish sauce all ready to go. Soon I will be like Betorq, with a row of jars bubbling away on my counter.

Pebbles-when I was thinking of what to do I considered belly-dancing at first! Heehee.

Dinner tonight is going to be Sweet Potaco. I wish I could have it for lunch, now that I've started thinking about it.