Page 10 of 437 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Show, then aid - Sabine page 10

Sabine is offline Senior Member

Inadvertant IF

Whoops.

I was going to eat dinner by 6:00, but here it is, 7:30, and I'm just starting to get hungry. I'm going to bed in an hour and a half,,so no way am I eating something now. I'll just have to tough it out. Maybe a little broth?

Before I discovered low-carb eating several years ago, I had no idea how obsessed I was with food. To me, it was completely natural to always be thinking of what I was eating, would be eating, could eat. I would sneak food, treat myself with food, make food treats for others. I thought about food, planned food, loved food.

But it wasn't a true love. I was a crazy food stalker, and I didn't even know it.

The first time I realized I had FORGOTTEN to eat, it blew my mind. (Let us not discuss at this time how I could still slip back into bad eating habits after being shown the light.) I didn't even understand how it could happen. Gradually I learned how sugars affected me. Still learning, there's always more to learn. (Once again, I recommend 'Fathead', 'Science for Smart People', and 'Big Fat Fiasco'.)

Now, I am finally to the point where I can count on this stunning event. When I realized I had missed dinner time, and that I was hungry, I knew, if I just put it out of my head, the hunger would pass. Because I am longing for food/energy, not just a hit.

And true love can wait.

At least until breakfast.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I love how I don't think constantly about food anymore too. It's so liberating!

We didn't eat until 7:30 either... and now it's time for the kiddos go get ready for bed... the nights are always so short.

Enjoy your evening.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

wren is offline Member
    It's as though you were writing about me! So nice to know that I'm not alone...trying, struggling, periodic success - and yet still the weight doesn't move. But determined - stubbornly determined - to get this right! Not in this necessarily for the weight loss (though I sure do need to lose about 50 lbs), but to be healthier, not bloated, not in a fog, and not on a statin.

wren is offline Member
    Oh, that is so me! Good German girl - must be nice to everyone, don't rock the boat, put all others (even strangers) before yourself. And you're right - being competitive just feels so wrong. I do it - but I swear I pay a price for it!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Spoken like a woman in control of her health again. Proud of you Sabine!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

wren is offline Member
    Sabine,
    What an amazing journal! Thank you so very much for sharing! I can't tell you how inspirational it has been for me - you (and everyone else posting) has really given me the shot in the arm that I needed today!! I'll poke around to find that subscribe button and keep following. It has really been such a tremendous help to me - and I'm going to try to put some of the suggestions to work...starting with my goals. WIIFMs!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    wren...its under thread tools!

Sabine...you are so amazing & have such a great way with words! excellent post & I can certainly relate as well!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    * high five *

I like how even when I do get hungry, I'm not a ravenous freak trying to recuperate from big blood sugar swings. I find in general I like to eat about every 4-5 hours depending on how active I've been.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I'm still amazed that I don't get hungry in between meals, or I don't get all shaky when I'm hungry (it's just a funny feeling in my stomach now). I'm not 'into' IF yet, but am considering it....I know the "old me" would have NEVER even considered it: not eating for half a day, are you serious??? I couldn't even get through 3 hours without needing a snack!

But hey, no looking back the future is all ours!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A question, I am wondering why you set a time to stop eating? I don't like to eat within a few hours of going to bed as it tends to disrupt my sleep, but if I am hungry I will eat a little something because a growling stomach disrupts my sleep as well.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Page 10 of 437 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast