Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up coffee for March, who's with me?

Hybrid View

Giving up coffee for March, who's with me?

I've been eating Primal now for 2 months, and feel good. But last year I ate Primal for 6 weeks (before falling off the wagon) and felt AMAZING! The only difference this time around is that I'm drinking coffee. I gave it up for the first time around. Now I know there's opposing views on the brown stuff, people claiming it gives a workout boost, others say it leads to energy crashes etc. I'm not really interested in getting into a debate about the science behind how coffee affects us, for me the experience is always more valuable than the science. As a species, we haven't managed to universally agree on anything, well, ever, so I'm gonna trust the effect on my body better than any study out there.
    All I know is, when I quit coffee I felt awesome, and when I'm drinking it I feel, well, just good. Which is a shame, coz I love that bitter frothy steaming hot mug of loveliness.

So how about an experience of our own here at MDA's Forum...

No coffee for one whole month. No decaf, no bulletproof, no iced mocha-choca-lattes, no nothing. No replacing it with tea either. If you're a tea drinker, you may want to try dropping that as your experiment. Personally, I'll still be having my 2-3 cups of green tea each day, as I did the first time around. I know for many coffee's one of the hardest habits to shake, and I may not get many takers, but I'll be doing this 100%, and will report back with my observations.

Feel free to join in...

I look forward to your observations, but there's no way I'll giving up my coffee. I love the stuff and I don't think it's 'bad' for you at all, even in quite large quantities. I feel feel the same whether I've had zero mugs or 8 mugs. I've never got that 'coffee buzz' thing. I just like the taste of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebiggfella View Post
    I look forward to your observations, but there's no way I'll giving up my coffee. I love the stuff and I don't think it's 'bad' for you at all, even in quite large quantities. I feel feel the same whether I've had zero mugs or 8 mugs. I've never got that 'coffee buzz' thing. I just like the taste of it.
    ^ This ^. Since I've started Primal caffeine has had less of an effect on me. I can drink it right before I go to bed, no problem.
    52 year old Male
    Goal: 185lbs
    April 10th: 220lbs

dado Guest
    Coffee is the good stuff.

I have cut back but I doubt I'll ever give it up completely. Something about a nice warm mug with a teaspoon of real maple syrup and some grass fed butter or cream in it just makes starting the day much easier.

dado Guest
    Coffee and cigarettes, there is a reason these two are staples. In war, you need the coffee and cigarettes. In prison, coffee and cigarettes.

Tobacco and coffee make us human.

Tobacco and coffee make us human.
    I always thought tobacco makes us dead. That's certainly been the case for most of the people I know that have turned it into a long-term habit.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
    I always thought tobacco makes us dead. That's certainly been the case for most of the people I know that have turned it into a long-term habit.
    the natives smoked tobacco from the peace pipe

it's not tobacco that makes you dead

Not me. I've only just started drinking the stuff at 37 y/o and after hating even the smell of the stuff all my life!
    All of a sudden (after being primal/paleo for a few years) it's started smelling and tasting great
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

biggfella, you cheating on the men's health forum? :b