Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up coffee for March, who's with me? page

Englishman in Oz is offline Senior Member

Giving up coffee for March, who's with me?

I've been eating Primal now for 2 months, and feel good. But last year I ate Primal for 6 weeks (before falling off the wagon) and felt AMAZING! The only difference this time around is that I'm drinking coffee. I gave it up for the first time around. Now I know there's opposing views on the brown stuff, people claiming it gives a workout boost, others say it leads to energy crashes etc. I'm not really interested in getting into a debate about the science behind how coffee affects us, for me the experience is always more valuable than the science. As a species, we haven't managed to universally agree on anything, well, ever, so I'm gonna trust the effect on my body better than any study out there.
    All I know is, when I quit coffee I felt awesome, and when I'm drinking it I feel, well, just good. Which is a shame, coz I love that bitter frothy steaming hot mug of loveliness.

So how about an experience of our own here at MDA's Forum...

No coffee for one whole month. No decaf, no bulletproof, no iced mocha-choca-lattes, no nothing. No replacing it with tea either. If you're a tea drinker, you may want to try dropping that as your experiment. Personally, I'll still be having my 2-3 cups of green tea each day, as I did the first time around. I know for many coffee's one of the hardest habits to shake, and I may not get many takers, but I'll be doing this 100%, and will report back with my observations.

Feel free to join in...

thebiggfella is offline Junior Member
    I look forward to your observations, but there's no way I'll giving up my coffee. I love the stuff and I don't think it's 'bad' for you at all, even in quite large quantities. I feel feel the same whether I've had zero mugs or 8 mugs. I've never got that 'coffee buzz' thing. I just like the taste of it.

dado Guest
    Coffee is the good stuff.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    I have cut back but I doubt I'll ever give it up completely. Something about a nice warm mug with a teaspoon of real maple syrup and some grass fed butter or cream in it just makes starting the day much easier.

dado Guest
    Coffee and cigarettes, there is a reason these two are staples. In war, you need the coffee and cigarettes. In prison, coffee and cigarettes.

Tobacco and coffee make us human.

huntingBears is offline Senior Member
    biggfella, you cheating on the men's health forum? :b

Englishman in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Tobacco and coffee make us human.
    I always thought tobacco makes us dead. That's certainly been the case for most of the people I know that have turned it into a long-term habit.

huntingBears is offline Senior Member
    oh i get it, dado is a troll, shame you get them round these parts

LolaLola is offline Member
    I had some dental work done on Friday & was warned to stay off tea, coffee & cola for at least 48 hours to minimise the risk of staining. I usually drink a can of diet coke, two cups of tea & two cups of coffee a day. I lasted 45 hours and gave in to a double ristretto. My head was going to explode with the caffeine withdrawal headache & I felt mentally sleepy. I also felt the loss of my pre-workout coffee & was slower than normal. One thing it has proven is that my body is too used to regular caffeine. I don't think I could give up entirely but I think I need to cut back! A cup of hot water is quite ok actually.
    Good luck Englishman in Oz - it's a step too far for me though ;-)

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
    I always thought tobacco makes us dead. That's certainly been the case for most of the people I know that have turned it into a long-term habit.
    the natives smoked tobacco from the peace pipe

it's not tobacco that makes you dead

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast