Thread: Green tea in a smoothie? page

spinningtales is offline Member

Green tea in a smoothie?

Shop Now
    Has anyone ever put green tea in a smoothie? If you have, did you put the leaves in, or did you steep it and add it as a liquid? I am trying to think of ways to give up my coffee/dairy/sugar combo, and I am looking for alternatives to a cup of hot tea.

I was thinking blueberries, coconut milk, spinach and green tea might make a good combo?

Thanks! =)

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    steep and add as a liquid
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Pinkyjones is online now Junior Member

Green tea in a smoothie

Quote Originally Posted by spinningtales View Post
    Has anyone ever put green tea in a smoothie? If you have, did you put the leaves in, or did you steep it and add it as a liquid? I am trying to think of ways to give up my coffee/dairy/sugar combo, and I am looking for alternatives to a cup of hot tea.

I was thinking blueberries, coconut milk, spinach and green tea might make a good combo?

Thanks! =)
    Yes, I use matcha green tea powder in smoothies. You only need a teaspoon for an intense
    flavor. Delish! My co-op carries it in bulk.

spinningtales is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyjones View Post
    Yes, I use matcha green tea powder in smoothies. You only need a teaspoon for an intense
    flavor. Delish! My co-op carries it in bulk.
    I am trying to avoid the flavor LOL I am not a big fan of green tea, but I drink it occasionally because I know it is good for me and I am not quite ready to give up my caffeine yet. Is the matcha powder caffeinated? I have a little one who is still up 2-3 times a night and doesn't take naps anymore LOL.

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    I would steep it. Are there any ingredients you might want to put in your smoothie that would benefit from the warm liquid? I put chocolate and coffee in my smoothies, so I make hot coffee and pour it over the chocolate and cocoa in the blender. I also add coconut oil while it is still warm, as it is solid in my pantry this time of year.