Thread: Green tea in a smoothie? page

spinningtales is offline Member

Green tea in a smoothie?

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone ever put green tea in a smoothie? If you have, did you put the leaves in, or did you steep it and add it as a liquid? I am trying to think of ways to give up my coffee/dairy/sugar combo, and I am looking for alternatives to a cup of hot tea.

I was thinking blueberries, coconut milk, spinach and green tea might make a good combo?

Thanks! =)

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    steep and add as a liquid
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Pinkyjones is online now Junior Member

Green tea in a smoothie

Quote Originally Posted by spinningtales View Post
    Has anyone ever put green tea in a smoothie? If you have, did you put the leaves in, or did you steep it and add it as a liquid? I am trying to think of ways to give up my coffee/dairy/sugar combo, and I am looking for alternatives to a cup of hot tea.

I was thinking blueberries, coconut milk, spinach and green tea might make a good combo?

Thanks! =)
    Yes, I use matcha green tea powder in smoothies. You only need a teaspoon for an intense
    flavor. Delish! My co-op carries it in bulk.

spinningtales is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyjones View Post
    Yes, I use matcha green tea powder in smoothies. You only need a teaspoon for an intense
    flavor. Delish! My co-op carries it in bulk.
    I am trying to avoid the flavor LOL I am not a big fan of green tea, but I drink it occasionally because I know it is good for me and I am not quite ready to give up my caffeine yet. Is the matcha powder caffeinated? I have a little one who is still up 2-3 times a night and doesn't take naps anymore LOL.

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would steep it. Are there any ingredients you might want to put in your smoothie that would benefit from the warm liquid? I put chocolate and coffee in my smoothies, so I make hot coffee and pour it over the chocolate and cocoa in the blender. I also add coconut oil while it is still warm, as it is solid in my pantry this time of year.