Thread: Anyone else here with hypermobility syndrome/ Ehler-Danlos?

Threaded View

Anyone else here with hypermobility syndrome/ Ehler-Danlos?

Hi, I've recently been diagnosed with some form of hypermobility syndrome (not sure exactly what yet, am still in the process). Waiting for follow up appointments and a physio referral is taking forever and I am not feeling very patient! I've got into a vicious cycle of worsening symptoms, increasing inactivity, injuries that take months to heal, weight gain, weaker muscles... you get the idea. Joint pain and fatigue is having a nasty amount of impact on my quality of life right now. I have plantar fasciitis which I have tried pretty much everything for, so am limited in how much I can be on my feet.

I just wondered if anyone else here had HMS or knows anything about what I can do to strengthen my muscles so they can support my joints better, and rebuild my fitness without injuring myself. I've just had to give up working and I don't have funds for any private help like a chiro or massages.

Any advice very welcome.

(Just to add, my siggy says I have AS but I don't, HMS is my new diagnosis)
    Last edited by Horsewoman; 02-25-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman