Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else here with hypermobility syndrome/ Ehler-Danlos?

Shop Now
    I'm hypermobile - pretty floppy joints, especially ankles and I can do the thumb on the forearm thing too. Thankfully I dont' seem to have had many of the other symptoms - in the past I've been very prone to ankle sprains and my knees are a little dodgy. I do find, though, that it's worse when I'm heavier and improves with fitness.

I do some running - and have found that it has actually strengthened my ankles and weight training has helped enormously with my knees....I do yoga too. Obviously I find some yoga poses ridiculously easy, but the counterposes impossible so I like yoga for trying to balance things a little - whether that's good or bad, I don't know.

I'm guessing I'm lucky - it can be a bit of a pain in the butt but doesn't cause me any serious problems.

No diagnosis, only mild symptoms.
    My hips, fingers and knees are way too flexible. I could bend my knees the wrong way as a kid and walk like a chicken. And my fingers bend most of the way backward in a curve. But I have a lucky ace in the hole. I have a hyper-aware brain (call it ADHD, autism, I don't care what you call it. I feel every wrinkle in my clothes all day long) so I've had no serious problems. My gait is always over-thought and conscious. I figured out in my teens that having my toes pointed out was probably hurting my knees. Within two weeks I had retrained my feet to point perfectly forward with every step. Knee pain greatly reduced after that. So I guess I'm unlucky enough to - SQUIRREL!!! - but lucky enough to - ow, that hurt, I can stop doing that. It's self-limiting thanks to my hyper-awareness.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Shop Now
    My hand function has suffered a lot due to a decline in proprioception. I sprain my fingers frequently.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.