Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else here with hypermobility syndrome/ Ehler-Danlos? page 3

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm hypermobile - pretty floppy joints, especially ankles and I can do the thumb on the forearm thing too. Thankfully I dont' seem to have had many of the other symptoms - in the past I've been very prone to ankle sprains and my knees are a little dodgy. I do find, though, that it's worse when I'm heavier and improves with fitness.

I do some running - and have found that it has actually strengthened my ankles and weight training has helped enormously with my knees....I do yoga too. Obviously I find some yoga poses ridiculously easy, but the counterposes impossible so I like yoga for trying to balance things a little - whether that's good or bad, I don't know.

I'm guessing I'm lucky - it can be a bit of a pain in the butt but doesn't cause me any serious problems.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    No diagnosis, only mild symptoms.
    My hips, fingers and knees are way too flexible. I could bend my knees the wrong way as a kid and walk like a chicken. And my fingers bend most of the way backward in a curve. But I have a lucky ace in the hole. I have a hyper-aware brain (call it ADHD, autism, I don't care what you call it. I feel every wrinkle in my clothes all day long) so I've had no serious problems. My gait is always over-thought and conscious. I figured out in my teens that having my toes pointed out was probably hurting my knees. Within two weeks I had retrained my feet to point perfectly forward with every step. Knee pain greatly reduced after that. So I guess I'm unlucky enough to - SQUIRREL!!! - but lucky enough to - ow, that hurt, I can stop doing that. It's self-limiting thanks to my hyper-awareness.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My hand function has suffered a lot due to a decline in proprioception. I sprain my fingers frequently.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123