Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What are your Costco staples? page 4

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Now I'm curious, what should happen?

Last time I put a bottle of Cento EVOO in the fridge, it solidified like coconut oil. Well, not entirely, but at least half. Is it supposed to do that? (saturated fat test, I assume?)
    Yeah, it's the saturated fat. I also heard Walmart brand evoo is actually quite good, according to this:

http://olivecenter.ucdavis.edu/news-...0071410%20.pdf

It even beat Costco somehow? o.O

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    False, they are some of the lowest rated eggs actually: The Cornucopia Institute

These look to be somewhat close though: The Cornucopia Institute
    How old is this?!

It says that the location is Seattle and the market area is "Nationwide"? From what I know, the eggs are local too. If you are buying organic eggs from Costco in Michigan then they come from farms in Michigan...
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

mmack66 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    False, they are some of the lowest rated eggs actually: The Cornucopia Institute

These look to be somewhat close though: The Cornucopia Institute
    Actually, they really aren't rated at all, so it is hard to tell how good or bad they might be, though the packaging states they are from cage free chickens and meet all of the standards for organic designation.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmack66 View Post
    Actually, they really aren't rated at all, so it is hard to tell how good or bad they might be, though the packaging states they are from cage free chickens and meet all of the standards for organic designation.
    The eggs are certainly organic and are cage free. I have no idea what the quality is or what the chickens are fed. I am guessing it depends on the farm that its coming from. Not all of Costco's organic eggs are the same because each Costco gets them from different farms.

I live in Michigan and thus the Costco here in Grand Rapids gets their eggs from a Michigan farm that is decently close. If you live in California then your organic Costco eggs may be entirely different and are probably more "pastured" due to the weather.

I'm doubting that rating system. Costco's egg production has changed recently. I am not saying Costco's eggs are the best but I'll keep eating them if I am unable to get eggs from the farmers market.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    We buy some of our vitamins there--my husband researched them and found the Costco brand was just as good as some of the more expensive. We get organic coffee, organic/grass fed beef, olives, nitrite/nitrate-free bacon, sometimes organic sharp cheddar with we just HAVE to have cheese (which I do, alas), and whatever else sounds good and isn't full of junk!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Wyman's wild frozed blueberries, Frozed wild sockeyed salmon fillets, avacados, EOS laundry detergent(Dirt Cheap!), and a few other things on occasion.

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morganpmiller View Post
    Wyman's wild frozed blueberries, Frozed wild sockeyed salmon fillets, avacados, EOS laundry detergent(Dirt Cheap!), and a few other things on occasion.
    Oh, I forgot the salmon and blueberries. Definitely!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Toad View Post
    The eggs are certainly organic and are cage free. I have no idea what the quality is or what the chickens are fed. I am guessing it depends on the farm that its coming from. Not all of Costco's organic eggs are the same because each Costco gets them from different farms.

I live in Michigan and thus the Costco here in Grand Rapids gets their eggs from a Michigan farm that is decently close. If you live in California then your organic Costco eggs may be entirely different and are probably more "pastured" due to the weather.

I'm doubting that rating system. Costco's egg production has changed recently. I am not saying Costco's eggs are the best but I'll keep eating them if I am unable to get eggs from the farmers market.
    I'm also in doubt about that rating system. They had a big article in the Costco Connection several months ago specifically about the chicken/egg farms in California (which is where I live) that provide them with organic eggs, and it sure looked good to me.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    I believe the rating was in relation to the "Kirkland" brand eggs that Costco sells nationally...

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've admittedly not read this whole thread... but opening it up filled me with happiness that kerrygold is at costco! thanks!! I haven't gone in a while but now I'm thinking I'm going to make a special trip.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast