Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast ideas? page

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member

Breakfast ideas?

Primal Fuel
    I like eggs but I don't want to eat them for breakfast every day. I don't want to get sick of them, and I need variety. I notice a lot of paleo/primal breakfast recipes that don't use eggs use yogurt or fruit. I can eat cheese but, due to mild lactose intolerance, I avoid other dairy products like milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese. I want to limit fruit because I want to lose weight. So a big fruit smoothie for breakfast isn't a good option for me right now. So, what does the lactose-intolerant, fruit-limiting person do when they want something besides eggs for breakfast?

js290 is offline Senior Member

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Stir Fry - Any Meat, Veggies, Oil, and Seasoning of Choice! Today we had leftover porkchops cut up and sauteed with baby bella mushrooms. Tomorrow will be caribou sausage and onions for me, and with added bell peppers for my hubby.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    There are some recipes at my blogPaleo Musings: Recipe Indexor check out paleomg's breakfasts Breakfast | PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Bulletproof Coffee, as JS mentions, is my favorite by far. But for variety, let it cool a bit, and add 1-2 egg yolks and blend it again (don't want to oxidize/cook the yolks). The result is creamy and good and has more protein and phospholipids than Bulletproof Coffee. Be sure to use clean, mold-free coffee as I describe on my blog if you want to feel good.

Another breakfast in my house is "Get Some Now" ice cream, but with added Upgraded Whey (made from grass-fed raw milk with low temps). The whey (and MCT oil in the recipe) help to keep the ice cream soft in the freezer; it is scoopable like commercial ice creams but infinitely more satisfying.

There's something awesome about having 2 scoops of ice cream with some berries or chocolate for breakfast, and washing it down with low toxin black coffee. That combination leaves me buzzing.

I apologize if linking to my whey offends anyone - I created the stuff so I could have it for myself and provide it for my family. If you can find a better one, use that! The recipe won't change. (but some whey formulations prevent ice cream from freezing, making for a goopy mess.) Peace.

JellyNellie is offline Junior Member
    Bake an Egg in an Avocado for a Fast and Healthy Breakfast Treat

Season with pepper/chili powder or whatever, top with a slice of bacon.... YUM!

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    baked egg in avacado looks AWESOME
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

JellyNellie is offline Junior Member
    it IS awesome, and I dont even like avacados!

Jamilyn121 is offline Senior Member
    I love to sautee peppers and onions early in the week, then add them to a variety of things. Lots of times it is eggs, but I also love to add them to sausage and then have a tiny bit of mustard on the side.. Yumm!! I find that sausage seems breakfasty enough and the peppers and onions are just delicious.

adameads is offline Senior Member
    Sauté in coconut or olive oil veggies of your choice to your desired doneness. I usually use onions, peppers, shrooms, and a green leafy veggie. Add in some cooked breakfast sausage, steak, or bacon. Whisk a dozen eggs and put in the pan. Cook on stove top for four minutes. Put under a 450 broil for four minutes.

Slide out of skillet and cut into 8 wedges. Top with avocado/lime/tomato salsa.

That usually feeds me breakfast three or four days a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast