I have the same problem with my job, at a desk most of the day. Here are some of the things I have been doing;
- Stand up meetings whenever I have to go into another office
- Our office is on the 3rd floor and the bathroom is down the all. There are 3 sets of stairs in the building. When nature calls, I go down on set, up another, do my business, then down a set, and up another. In all each trip is 12 flights of stairs up and 12 down.
- Walks at lunch, took about a week of exploring to get a good course set up for a 3 km, 30 minute walk. Have been fighting weather though. Hard to sit for 4 more hours at your desk when you got wet walking at lunch.
- Eat lunch later then the crowd. Not sure why but if you eat at your desk as I do, most folks will leave you alone if it is later.
- I have been threatening to walk to work (live 4 miles away) for sometime. Finally did it today. There are so many variations on this though. Drive halfway and park, walk the rest. Public transport then walk.
- Park as far away as you can from your office.
That is all I got for now...but have lately been trying to come up with other ideas for those of us chained to a desk.