Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is ignoring hunger bad for you page

laurencesmith is offline Junior Member

Is ignoring hunger bad for you

Primal Fuel
    hey guys recently went primal loving it so far although here the thing : i eat a breakfast of 1 gg and 1 rasher (slice of bacon) for breakfast at about 7.30 then at about 11 am i get hungry but im at school so i hav to wait til 11 o clock to eat as i go home for lunch. I don't really mind enduring the hunger but is it unhealthy to do so ? Also the hunger felling kind of just go away after about 20-40 mins is this normal ?
    thanks guys

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Read about intermittent fasting. Some hunger is normal actually.
    PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

Hunger can mean the body needs food. It can also be a kind of false hunger that is a response to your insulin being raised from eating.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    If the hunger feeling goes away after about 20-40 minutes then you are probably not really hungry. Be patient and continue to note when you get hungry and if/when that hunger feeling goes away. Intermittent fasting can be very beneficial for some but harmful to others.

Are you in high school? If you are growing then I definitely would NOT intermittent fast.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Ignoring hunger is not bad. But you should eat enough food for a man or growing boy.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Linny is offline Senior Member
    I'd be starving if I just ate 1 egg and 1 slice of bacon for breakfast. Try eating a bit more for your first meal and it'll carry you further into the day.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Hunger is not a bad thing but watch your strength training, if you are unable to increase your weights or reps or both, increase the calories. Start eating more at breakfast in that case.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    Real hunger is very different than being "hungry" for 20 minutes or so. Most people never experience real hunger. Most people can go easily for TWO WEEKS without food if they had to, and obese people much longer. Tthe sheer rush to feed people in world distress situations is a product of mental fear of missing a meal, not out of necessity.

You're fine.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

jmblair45 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Linny. Eat more at breakfast and it will carry you through to when you can eat lunch. I had 3 fresh eggs with peppers and onions and 3 slices of bacon this morning. Didn't even think about food until 2 in the afternoon.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I had 4 egg muffins from the free cookbook and didn't eat anything else the rest of the day. I'm still not technically hungry at 6pm.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Conditioned hunger is different from actual hunger.

If you start feeling weakness,dizziness,loss of energy, and so on then it's real hunger and your body is telling you it needs food. On the other hand, if you're standing there going "Hmmm....maybe I'm hungry...guess I'll grab something to eat" then it's conditioned hunger and you can wait it out then decide whether you want a meal or not. I'm not saying to ignore the conditioned responses entirely, but don't put them in the same boat as actual hunger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast