Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the final word on Creatine? Side-effects? Miracle drug? Snake oil? page

OnlyBodyWeight is offline Senior Member

What's the final word on Creatine? Side-effects? Miracle drug? Snake oil?

Primal Fuel
    I haven't even heard of this since the 70 homerun years. Noticed my friend taking it before going to Crossfit. Last I heard, it was a legit performance enhancer, but is there a downside? Makes your balls shrink? Snake oil? Causes cancer? What's the final word on Creatine?

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    It works. And then it doesn't. You need to cycle through it and pretty much once you stop, any minor effects you get, go away.

Al Kavadlo has a more detailed response on alkavadlo.com. I wouldn't waste the money on it. If your avatar is you, you don't need creatine. Even if the avatar is only what you want to look like, you don't need creatine.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Reena View Post

Al Kavadlo has a more detailed response on alkavadlo.com. I wouldn't waste the money on it. If your avatar is you, you don't need creatine. Even if the avatar is only what you want to look like, you don't need creatine.
    Thanks for the shout out! Here's the link: Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! Why I Don’t Use Exercise Supplements
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

dado Guest
    reading al's post, i would say that creatine has value in some applications.

if you want some short-term boost in appearance, al would have to agree that it is a strong option.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Just like I posted in the identical thread you posted in the Nutrition section...

Recognize that Al's blog post is anecdotal in nature and shouldn't be confused with the scientifically based studies showing that creatine has a wide array of positive effects.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    reading al's post, i would say that creatine has value in some applications.

if you want some short-term boost in appearance, al would have to agree that it is a strong option.
    Yep. I don't think short term anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    Recognize that Al's blog post is anecdotal in nature and shouldn't be confused with the scientifically based studies showing that creatine has a wide array of positive effects.
    Another good point. As I said in my blog post, creatine is the only supplement that I did in fact observe some (anecdotal) benefits from. I still see little reason to take it.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    Creatine is one of the only supplements that I think is worth the money, its relatively cheap (Creatine monohydrate, not all that other crap) If only for the fact that it helps keep the muscle cells hydrated. Is it going to make you super huge or super strong, No. Thats the job of you, your training and your diet. it will increase ATP in the muscle and that can never hurt. To me the only drawback is the cycling. Who wants to think about their supplements that much?

OnlyBodyWeight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post

Yea, that post was nothing more than a guy giving his personal opinion.
    I want something a little more legit/scientific than some dude's blog post.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Read through those studies I posted then, I think you'll see that there are a quite a few reasons why and not really any good reason why not to supplement with creatine.

Conner P. is offline Senior Member
    I find it to be a positive in my training. It's like putting more fuel into the tank, for your muscles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast