Thread: new here page

captaintony is offline Junior Member

new here

Shop Now
    I am a 53 year old male who has enjoyed many drinks and great food through the years. I found myself out of breath,unhealthy and over weight two years ago.I started working out every morning in a local jym.I have worked up to what I call a heavy weight training routine.About a month ago I was telling a friend that I have worked out heavy for two years and have not lost much weight and not much muscle gain. He had mentioned that he only works out 1/2 hour a week. This guy always looked good.I gave it a try about 3 weeks ago.1/2 hour a week but slow killer,stop your heart weight training.I have seen a little better results. My trainer advised me to take the primal way. I have been on 100 carbs a day,maybe go over a couple once in a while.For about 2 weeks.
    I only eat red meat and lamb,some vegies,few drinks at night. I lost about a total of 4 Lbs and stopped,even though I am staying real close to the 100 carbs.Any thoughts would be great.....Thanks

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Tony. Cutting back to one drink per night would be good.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Cut the booze.

Also, be patient. Your body probably has some internal healing to do, which usually takes precedence over shedding weight.