Thread: Greetings! Day 1... page

dancingdeer is offline Junior Member

Greetings! Day 1...

Shop Now
    Hi! I'm fairly new to Primal but not to low carb. About 8 years ago, I eliminated all grains and was eating mostly animal proteins, veggies, nuts, and some dairy (mainly plain yogurt) I was super focused and running a lot... I didn't have a lot of weight to lose (about 5 lbs.), but I really changed my body and became lean.

The last few years, I have stopped running and have loosened up my diet, and that is why I am here. I'm tired of the yo-yo. I lose 8 pounds, and gain it back. I restrict and then go crazy. Up, down, up, down. I know it doesn't seem like a lot of weight, but for me it is. (History - Had eating disorder in 1983.)

Stats: 46 yo female, 5'7", and current weight 137. I would like to lose 10 pounds and shift some of the fat that has taken up residence on my thighs and butt.

Today I have eaten:

2 Organic Eggs scrambled in coconut oil, with bell pepper and onion
    4 oz Tuna w/ cucumber slices and a tomato
    12 raw almonds
    2 baked chicken thighs with stewed tomatoes
    2 cups steamed broccoli with pat of organic butter

How am I doing so far?

Am I eating enough? Too much?

My exercise generally consists of walking 4 miles a day 5 days a week, and 2 days I lift weights or workout on the elliptical.

Jana
    Last edited by dancingdeer; 02-23-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jana. Sounds good so far. Don't worry about the scales. Go by how your clothes fit and how you feel.

Eat enough that you don't feel hungry until you "start to work up an appetite" a while before meals.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.