Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Maintaining weight loss page 4

Ellen is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Have you checked out the Eat MOAR fat thread? I've been finding that helpful.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65113.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Calorie counting has worked for me in the past. Maintenance was the issue. I once heard that the reason a lot of criminals get caught is that they don't plan what to do after the crime has been successfully completed. I think for me anyway, the same can be said for losing weight - I've never before had a plan for the "after." I have a loose plan now.

1. My grandmother's advice. Get on the scale every couple of days and when it's 2-3 pounds above what you want it to be, "take it easy," until it drops again. Gran'ma was an IFer!

2. Cycle, if needed so I don't feel deprived. I notice this happening more naturally these days. Some days my appetite drops to almost nothing, other days I eat more lustily. If I average out the calorie intake over a week, it's about the same as eating 1200-1300 calories per day.

3. Realize that my issues with food are very much like an addiction. So, that means that like an addict, just because I reach a goal (right weight or X days sober for a substance addict), this doesn't mean that the underlying problem is gone. I must be vigilent.

4. Most importantly, continue to eat lots of plants, animals, and bugs, exercise, get sunlight, sleep (I've started taking naps to ensure my 7+ hours per day), avoid poisons (grains, pesticides, etc.), and play.

Will that work this time or will I (like over 90% of people who lose weight including myself) gain it back in five years? I don't know. But I'm hopeful that wanting to be healthy as opposed to just wanting to be skinny will make a difference in my life.

Feverdiva is offline Junior Member
    Hi Glamorama......where would you buy such a compression garment? I'm a true apple shape & I could do with some help blasting the inches around my waist

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    SuBee, you might like to look at the 5/2 fasting thread (eat normally-primally for 5 days per week, fast two separate days). Some interesting information in there. Also, the Fathead blog just posted commentary on a study of 5/2 done with 88 women. Off the top of my head, it was a control of Meditrannean diet, one group that restricted carbs two days per week, and a third group that restricted carbs and kept to below 650 calories two days per week. So, not even FASTING, and they got results. As you are not at the start of your weight loss, it might be different, but some stuff to consider.

torres is offline Junior Member
    Never cut carbs, fats and calories. Eat foods made by nature, not man-made foods designed to make you fat and addicted to food.

AndreaC is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You have to test out factors and see what works for you.
    Biggest thing for me has been a small eating window. If I eat only between 12 and 5 pm, regardless of how much I eat, I seem to maintain or lose.
    It's the days where I start early and eat late that kill me. I've found that liquid calories have some wiggle room (coconut oil in my morning coffee, glass of wine after dinner).

I also found out that I was iodine deficient. Used to get fatigue that I just muscled through (and actually ignored until my bf pointed out that I'm always droopy). Since I started an iodine protocol, I've had more continuous energy and a little more diet wiggle room.

Hormones- Good lovin and lack of hormonal birthcontrol have been good for me. You need your oxytocin. Every. Damn. Day.
    Besides, then you can demand a snuggle in the name of health.

And finally eggs! They do something to me in larger quantities. I can't put my finger on it, but through trial and error I found that it's easier to maintain my weight without eggs. Maybe it's a sensitivity

So there's timing, deficiencies, hormones and food sensitivities.
    How to go about testing all of them?? Eliminate and then add back. See what happens. Once you know what you can't get away with, you can find out what you CAN get away with.

Female (duh), 29, 5'9", slowly dropping from 174 to uhh, 160?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234