Thread: Eating during recovery period? page

mishahogan is offline Junior Member

Question Eating during recovery period?

I've been faithfully primal since Dec. of 2010 (probably 90/10). In that time, I've become so much more active and fit and lost over 85 lbs, going from a size 18 to an 8 in about 10 months. I started dogsledding again for the first time in over 15 years and completed three races this season. On my last race, the 90-mile Midnight Run in upper Michigan, I pulled my hamstring while doing something dumb on the trail - essentially I did the splits as my team ran off. I was able to recover the team and finished the race but my hamstring is frakked! My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for eating during a recovery period. I've been so active for so long now, I don't really feel that hungry and I am a little gun shy about sitting here and eating and gaining back a bunch of weight! Thoughts? Thanks!

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    bone broth on top of a good primal diet. I wish you could consume patience and rest because that's what a pulled ham needs
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

mishahogan is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No doubt! I'm trying - it's so hard...it's only been a few days and I'm already going crazy. Bone broth - good call. I'm on it:-) It is weird to imagine how I used to sit in front of a computer for 8 or 10 hours a day in my previously non-primal life...it's a wonder I didn't weigh more than I did!