Ginger Garlic Brussel Sprouts and Liver
I made a pretty tasty liver side dish last night that people trying to incorporate more liver into their diets (but don't really like it) may want to try.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a cast iron skillet
- I diced an onion and browned it in a cast iron skillet along with minced ginger and garlic (to taste); be sure to let onion brown before next step
- Added quartered brussel sprouts and covered (to help steam)
- let cook for 10-15 minutes until sprouts are cooked and a little brown around the edges
- Add the liver (and juicy liver run off) directly to the skillet
- The liver will cook fast (don't over cook it!!!) as it cooks use a knife to cut it into biteable pieces while it is still in the skillet
- continue turning over the dish to keep from over cooking and to mix
- After about 4 minutes the liver should be done - remove from heat and serve!
ad astra per aspera