Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Races - Who's Training? page 2

TriGirl is offline Member
    I have a half ironman in June and my first full in August and will probably throw in a few sprint triathlons in between... Really can't wait for spring to really get here....

Karma is offline Senior Member
    I am tpaering now for my 40K XC Ski race on Sunday in Anchorage, AK. I am completeing it, not racing it, even though I was once a competetitive xc ski racer. I am doing it with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to honor my mother who died of cancer in September. She always wanted to go to Alaska but died before she could. I hope to take some of her ashes with me and have a quiet moment alone with her to let her know she made it! Then it's a week of easy recovery and a 50K trail run on 3/10. In April I have a 50 mile run on the Western States train in Auburn, CA and a mixed Duathlon near Folsom, CA (road and MTB legs). May has a Sprint MTB race at Wildflower in Monterrey county and the Silver State 50K in the hills outside of Reno, NV. June is an Xterra (MTB tri) in Tahoe and July is a few runs in Tahoe on my favorite trails in preparation for a 100K run in August outside of Eugene, OR. Winter has yet to hit in California, we have been training outside the entire month. Looks like a good cold storm is hitting tonight up here in the Bay Area so all could change by tomorrow. So yeah, I guess you could say I have some plans to race this year. Good luck on your training and I hope you find joy in it.

Now for all you haters out there, know this, I have been training using the maffetone method for years and my aerobic pace is as fast as it is because I'm pretty efficient at burning fats as fuel. My HR rarely ever goes over 150 in training or racing (max HR of 197). I stay right around 70% MHR or lower for my training and racing. And yes, I realize that my lifestyle may appear to be rather contradictory to your version of Primal. I understand the toll that my chosen lifestyle is taking on my body and perhaps my longevity, but I have embraced the life I lead and live it to the fullest and am happy with my decision. I don't actually run all that far in my training, I use high intensity intervals and hill repeats to manage my training volume and stess level. Its working for me and at the end of the day, that's all that really matters. At least on my death bed I won't be wishing I went out there and pushed myself and did some really cool stuff, met some really cool people and experienced a lot of life.
    Last edited by Karma; 02-28-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TriGirl View Post
    I have a half ironman in June and my first full in August and will probably throw in a few sprint triathlons in between... Really can't wait for spring to really get here....
    Racing IMC? Love that race. I have done it and coached about 80 athletes to finishes there. Let me know if you want any helpful hints about the race.

Runeatrun is offline Junior Member
    I have my first half coming up in May as well...
    Very nervous, I think I'll have to up my carb levels with training

TriGirl is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Racing IMC? Love that race. I have done it and coached about 80 athletes to finishes there. Let me know if you want any helpful hints about the race.
    No I live in Denmark so I am doing Challenge Copenhagen... But helpful hints of any kind are always appreciated (and I am pretty sure I already got a bunch from you from different threads in this forum ;-))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12