Thread: Studies verifying the paleo diet. page

luke3822 is offline Junior Member

Studies verifying the paleo diet.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm at university at the moment and this morning I found out that my first essay in nutrition will be about whether the Eatwell plate help people to lose weight. Obviously I will be drawing on a variety of sources and making a balanced conclusion taking every aspect of nutrition that I can into consideration.

The problem is however that although there are many studies suporting the paleo diet I am having a hard time finding peer reviewed studies and journals to validate the claims made. I have been taking the studies from Marks daily apple posts but if you happen to know of any more then please reply to this thread with the links.

It would be nice to start changing the views of our university, as most of what we have been learning about is how salt and saturated fat cause heart disease and obesity.

Cheers guys.

Peace.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Just google Loren Cordain. He has lots of peer reviewed papers published and available online. You could also pick up his book the Paleo Answer which contains a books worth of references at the end.

luke3822 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you, I bought Rob Wolfs book and Dangerous Grains which are proving amazing sources of information. I also experimented adding legumes back into my diet and now I feel aweful, hard to beleive I lived 22 years bloated and tired and thinking that it was normal.

mike_h is offline Senior Member
    Cordain is anti-saturated fat, at least in his Paleo Diet for Athletes book, and presumably before that too.

Stevenhamley is offline Senior Member
    There's some Paleo specific stuff by Loren Cordain and Steffan Lindeberg especially. You could search 'Paleo diet' on pubmed and get a few I suppose.

Modulation of immune function by dietary lectins i... [Br J Nutr. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI
    http://www.direct-ms.org/pdf/Evoluti...al%20Sword.pdf
    Origins and evolution of the Western diet: health implications for the 21st century
    Agrarian diet and diseases of affluence--d... [BMC Endocr Disord. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

There's lots of other good ones without being specifically Paleo for example:

n-6 fatty acid-specific and mixed polyunsaturate d... [Br J Nutr. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

You just have to connect the dots.

This is my response to the dietary guidelines for Australians and more relevant to you, my recent post on obesity.
    The Paleo Premise: DGA 2011
    The Paleo Premise: Obesity - a Symptom of an Underlying Pathology

Steffan Lindeberg and Lynda Frassetto have some Paleo Diet trials that may be relevant in weight loss, but sort of aren't.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Also check Dr.Michael Eades website Drs Eades . He is a strong advocate of paleo. I have not read his book and have just recently started following his blog along with Home | JackKruse.com - Jack Kruse . Hope it helps.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John