Thread: Too little too much protein? page

Rattybag is offline Senior Member

Too little too much protein?

Primal Fuel
    After reading Marks books, I understand about keeping fats up and carbs to approx 50 - 100g per day.
    What about Protein? I know this needs to be kept up, but to what extent?
    Is it possible to overdo the protein?
    Any help will be gratefully recieved!!
    Thanks.

kkarrolle is offline Senior Member
    The carb recommendation 50gms to 100gms is for weight loss, if you do not have any weight to lose the book recommends 100gms to 150gms...I guess it all depends how active you are.

The book also covers off on protein for weight loss..I assume it would be the same for maintaining weight..0.7 to 1gm of protein for each pound of lean body mass.
    Achieving goals takes a backbone not a wishbone

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkarrolle View Post
    The carb recommendation 50gms to 100gms is for weight loss, if you do not have any weight to lose the book recommends 100gms to 150gms...I guess it all depends how active you are.

The book also covers off on protein for weight loss..I assume it would be the same for maintaining weight..0.7 to 1gm of protein for each pound of lean body mass.
    So.... I weight 140lbs. My BMI is 24. So is my protein intake per day 16.8 or 98?
    Im confused. Sorry.

Monika is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    So.... I weight 140lbs. My BMI is 24. So is my protein intake per day 16.8 or 98?
    Im confused. Sorry.

98, unless you know your exact LBM... then it would be slightly less than.

dado Guest
    it's possible to overdo protein, but you won't do this, it's hard to do, like drinking too much water and dying because of this water.

Croak is offline Senior Member
    But can't you just squat out the excess Dado? I know if I eat a lot of protein, I squat a lot. Squatting is the foundation to any good protein removal regimen. A good place to squat is highly recommended as well. Some people will squat pretty much anywhere, but it's generally frowned upon at work because of the walking hazards it creates.

dado Guest
    you just gotta squat more in that case

Croak is offline Senior Member
    What about squat paper? Do you agree that it's a waste of good trees? I think you can deal with the squat residue with your hand and some water, or maybe fallen leaves if you're squatting outdoors. Or a rabbit if you could catch it.

dado Guest
    squat the rabbit

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've lost 40 lbs in 22 weeks and at first I spent too much time over-analyzing everything and I worried about eating too much fat and too much meat. Once I stopped thinking and just gave in and ate lots of fat and lots of beef and bacon I made rapid progress in my energy levels, ability to fast and overall well being. I would be surprised if you could really eat too much protein, especially if it is fatty protein like bacon or grass fed beef. I eat literally pounds of meat every single day. Sometimes just meat and eggs and no veggies or fruit at all. It is AWESOME!!! I feel GREAT!