Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going carnivore? page

stop_hammertime Guest

Primal Fuel

I wanted to hear experiences some of you have had going carnivore or very low carb. How long? how did it make you feel?

I am thinking I may use sporadic carnivore periods to speed up my weight loss but I have heard some have had a bad experience with it. I tried to search this first so I hope I am not being terribly redundant.

cmab is offline Junior Member

The first week for me was full of funny feelings.. slight dizziness... sometimes I would super alert.. especially during sleep.. it would feel like as if I am awake but I would sleeping.. But after 1 week everything was fine... even 5-6 hours of sleep would make me feel fresh compared to 9 hours before low carbing And you will definitely see rapid weight loss

I think VLC is fun !

jkilbane is offline Junior Member

I'm eating VLC right now and doing fantastic. On ZC, I was not hungry enough to eat enough food. I ended up losing muscle and putting on fat. I'm sure I'd be able to do fine on ZC again, but I would only caution you to make sure you're eating enough food. ZC will take away hunger completely. Of course I'm speaking from experience only. Hope this helps you form your opinion further.

oh and I think VLC is fun too!

stop_hammertime Guest

Awesome, this is what I was looking for!

Did any of you have a hard time adding veggies back in?

I have this fear that I won't be able to digest veggies if I cut them for a while.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

I've been doing VLC for over a month now and I feel fine. I'll eat 5-10 grams of carbohydrate each day, from Greek yogurt, but that's all.

I do feel a little sluggish in the gym and my BM's have been TERRIBLE (I've been taking a sugar-free fiber supplement for a few days now and I feel 100% better in the toilet department) but other than that I haven't noticed any changes.

I am looking forward to reincorporating some fruit and vege's into my diet after I've dropped the bulk of this weight though, just for some variety.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Tarlach is offline Member

Once you start VLC you won't want to go back

Nothing beats BBQ steak with a side of steak.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

allie Guest

Tried it. Do not like.

I got bored... plants, fruit & vegetables add variety to a diet with all the colours and whatnot.

stop_hammertime Guest

I think I am going to try meat, eggs and veggies for a while to see how I do. If I enjoy that I may go VLC or carnivore until I see this weight drop. I have tried to research the health effects and well....there is a lot of differing opinions.

We will see how I feel. Thanks for all of your input. Please add more if you feel up to it.

Prowler Guest

From what I have read, it can take up to 3 or more weeks for the body to fully adapt to ketosis. Feeling sluggish is not uncommon during this time, though I personally was fine.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

If you are currently eating a lot of carbs, it may take an adjustment period to function optimally on ZC. But once you're used to ZC- it feels fantastic and the opposite happens- carbs will make you feel super sluggish.

Ive started trying more strictly ZC, and find that I end up eating the same things for quite a while (which is fine, since the routine diet helps me to regulate food intake).

But I'm wondering for ZC'ers out there: What would a typical day's meals be? Do you eat eggs, are there favourite meats? (I've been going between grass fed sirloin steak and roasted chicken for weeks).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast