Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going carnivore? page 3

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Based on your level of activity and your goals ZC may be a short term answer. But if you want to be healty you need to exercise daily. 500-1000 calories spent in physical effort is something ok if you dont want to be a pro but to stay healthy.

This cant be done neither on ZC or VLC. Count your metabolic needs, add your exercising and you will get at about 3000 calories a day needs.

for every gram of carb you can get 4 calories.

Then thinking at good ratio for intakes, you do the math.

How many do you need? There is no universal answer, but a personal need that needs to be adjusted with the goals... you wanna loose some weight? Cool, but make sure you loose the right weight!!! If you loose muscle, you are going the yoyo path.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

MichaelA, look, I don't want to run you off, but here and on other threads you are expressing ideas that are pretty much CW (Conventional Wisdom) and not PB.

While sometimes it's hard to break out how many calories are used in exercise and used in sedentary activities, PB definitely does not look at things the way you do. Other than lots of walking, most H-G societies don't spend much time on the treadmill, ya know?

With adequate protein, no one loses muscle weight on a diet. That's old housewive's, CW stuff.

Welcome to the forum, but PLEASE read all the material that is on the front page under Primal 101. If you decide it doesn't make sense or you don't want to do it, that's fine. "What works for you" is a sort of mantra here, but we won't be convinced that CW is good for us.

Man, do I sound religious or what?

Acmebike is offline Member

Going carnivore for fat loss is a good idea, excellent available protein and fat! Coupled with some brief resistance training or HIIT (sprints, etc) and proper rest, you will set up the proper hormonal cascade to burn your stored fat, and build/repair and spare muscle.

Ground meat can certainly be complete nutrition! Cook it through to avoid bacterial contaminations. You could add liver (chicken or beef), bone broths, etc to the mix as you see fit.

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

@Bayou: I've read the Primal101, no worries. But on the prairies I live on, getting your meat involves running. Alot of it, fast and for a long time. And it works for me. And what is considered Cardio for the regular guy, is regular routine for a trained one. What If I tell you that I bike at 25 mph and I have 90 bpm hearthrate? Is that cardio or not? When You do that daily, it's not. It's a matter of relativity. For me, cardio is at 150 bpm and that happens on a over 7% hill. Here and there. Consider those my sprints.

Same thing happens when I need to run away from something. The guy on the back is hungry and highly motivated. So again I need to be fast and for a long time.

You are on my case since I asked the Q regarding the Fish Oils Capsules vs. Sardines on which all your answers were completely off topic.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

@michaela

i think the issue was about your answer to the op where your answer was based on calorie-is-a-calorie mantra. the PB relies on epigenetics and endocrinology.

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Longquan is offline Member

Thanks to everyone for the answers!

Today I saw chicken liver in the supermarket, it's not organic though but I live in Austria, so I guess non organic is not THAT big of an issue. Moreover, to my suprise, it's super cheap. How many livers (they're quite small) should one eat at a time to avoid overdosing?

Concerning training: I had no problems with working out 2 times a day on Primal Blueprint and PaNu, but I haven't heard of anybody doing lots of exercise on ZC, hope performance doesn't suffer too much...

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

im close to ZC, crossfit, lift and sprint 4-5 x a week. performance continues to go up

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123