Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raw Liver Smoothies page

jammies is offline Senior Member

Raw Liver Smoothies

Shop Now
    I am a firm believer in the requirement of regular offal in the the diet for health and energy. I eat bone marrow and bone stocks regularly with no problem.

I have tried every liver recipe in the book and hate them all. I had been cutting up frozen liver and washing them down like pills. I don't like that strategy.

Tonight I made a frozen raw liver smoothie:

3 strawberries
    honey
    small piece of ginger
    a splash of cider vinegar, a little water
    a pinch of salt
    and a couple chunks of raw, frozen sheep liver.

It was the least offensive of the liver methods I have tried.

Any thoughts on doing this weekly? What are the odds of getting a parasite from raw liver? My immune system is very suppressed from arthritis drugs and I am sure my doctor would loose his shit if he knew I was eating this , but I am desperate for better energy and liver is one thing that helps.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Upon doing a little reading last night - I'm thinking this is not such a great idea. Maybe I'll try to put cooked liver in the smoothie - although that seems like the texture would be nasty.

Maybe I should try getting hypnotized into liking liver
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Ya know, lightly cooking liver in bacon fat with onions is pretty good or have you tried that already. Anyway liver smoothie = yuck, JMHO anywho....

huntingBears is offline Senior Member
    i tried fried liver and the smell and taste was just awful, it makes me sick thinking about it now
    i read somewhere that freezing liver for 2 weeks kills any parasites

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    watching this thread b/c i too really hate liver. I eat liver pills every day to make up for it.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Have you thought about dessicated liver powder? There are several on the market~

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    Dude, that is WAY too paleo for me. However, I'm a big believer in COOKED organs and struggle to get them into my diet. In fact, as I write this I'm attempting for the first time to make a broth out of grass fed beef heart (wish me luck).

I loathe the taste of liver. I recently cooked some chicken livers using this recipe from Mark Sisson's Primal Cookbook pg.52. I cooked them with onions and ate them with baked potatoes.

I tell you something. This was the best liver eating experience ever. It was almost completely pleasant. I froze it up and plan to eat a little snack of it every day, or every other day.

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    Dude, that is WAY too paleo for me. However, I'm a big believer in COOKED organs and struggle to get them into my diet. In fact, as I write this I'm attempting for the first time to make a broth out of grass fed beef heart (wish me luck).

I loathe the taste of liver. I recently cooked some chicken livers using this recipe from Mark Sisson's Primal Cookbook pg.52. I cooked them with onions and ate them with baked potatoes.

I tell you something. This was the best liver eating experience ever. It was almost completely pleasant. I froze it up and plan to eat a little snack of it every day, or every other day.

Raphaella is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingBears View Post
    i read somewhere that freezing liver for 2 weeks kills any parasites
    I've heard this too. I also make raw liver smoothies.... just gotta plug your nose and gulp 'em down as fast as possible. And keep it plugged for a while after too while the taste is still in your mouth.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Raw cow liver tastes like milk to me. But chicken liver has almost no flavor once cooked. A little butter and herbs and you'll probably love it.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast