Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting take on raw milk vs. pasteurized milk page

Mike in Virginia is online now Senior Member

Interesting take on raw milk vs. pasteurized milk

Primal Fuel
    This article says a lot that I never heard before: Pasteurized milk 150 times more contaminated with blood, pus and feces than fresh milk - videos the CDC won't show you

As someone who consumed raw milk on my uncle's farm while growing up, I tend to favor the real thing instead of the highly processed stuff that is pushed on us. From a primal perspective, how can subjecting food to unnatural processes make it healthier for us? Yes, I know that if food is mishandled, palliative measures are needed. But as the article makes clear, those who sell raw milk have rigorous handling standards, which are ignored by those who know that their unhealthy practices will be covered up by processing.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    I stopped reading after the first sentence:

"The vaccine-pushing, disease scare-mongering agency known as the CDC has put out a stunning piece of propaganda attacking fresh milk (raw dairy), claiming it is "150 times more dangerous" than pasteurized milk."

This article is so biased and one sided it doesn't even try to hide it. Also, anyone that is stupid enough to believe that vaccines are bad and shouldn't be pushed on people is a complete jackass. Thank God that the great majority of people don't believe that because there would be a lot of dead kids.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Also, anyone that is stupid enough to believe that vaccines are bad and shouldn't be pushed on people is a complete jackass. Thank God that the great majority of people don't believe that because there would be a lot of dead kids.
    Oh yeah cause all those kids are going to die from chicken pox!
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

keevelish is offline Senior Member
    As far as I'm concerned, it's not so much the bacterial load, blood and what have you, but the homoginization process that destroys the fat and cholesterol in the milk. That's my reason for drinking local raw milk.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Oh yeah cause all those kids are going to die from chicken pox!
    Maybe not chicken pox, but what about whooping cough, tetanus, various forms of hepatitis, etc.?

keevelish is offline Senior Member
    I must make a point however, to the OP, I would avoid using Natural News as your source for credible information, because they tend to exaggerate.

They're the ones who announced a couple of weeks ago that the government would be instituting mandatory human vaccine testing. Two years ago they were sure that the government was making all birthing tubs illegal. They take a teeny bit of information and twist it, exaggerate it, then misrepresent it.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Maybe not chicken pox, but what about whooping cough, tetanus, various forms of hepatitis, etc.?
    Just making a point that vaccines that may not be neccessary are "pushed" on us...
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post

This article is so biased and one sided it doesn't even try to hide it. Also, anyone that is stupid enough to believe that vaccines are bad and shouldn't be pushed on people is a complete jackass. Thank God that the great majority of people don't believe that because there would be a lot of dead kids.
    herp derp. i see what you do there
    Last edited by JennaRose; 02-23-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not the vaccine debate!!!!!

Tneah is offline Senior Member
    We were drinking raw milk, but our supplier found that their customers were complaining about sickness. They tested their cows and confirmed that it was from the milk supply. The suppliers felt awful, and profusely apologised over and over. This raw milk was the most liked by my family. But, I haven't bought raw milk since then ( which is about 1 month now). I can't help having thoughts and feelings of being so close to getting my family sick from something that I pushed that was so much better for them.

Oddly, the breakout was during the weeks that we were away, so i didn't get any milk. If I had we would have gotten ill. Then I would have lost the whole battle of "raw milk" is better for you because it's not pasteurised etc..

I'm still planning to buy raw milk, but I'm having a hard time committing to the purchase of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast