Thread: Visceral Fat Problem page

Kane Augustus is offline Senior Member

Visceral Fat Problem

Primal Fuel
    I'm having trouble getting rid of the visceral fat on my abdomen. I don't have gads of it; perhaps 15 pounds as an extreme estimation.

I've been eating Paleo/Primal for over a year now (high proteins, grass-fed meats, lots of coconut oil, no dairy, no grains, no legumes, and certainly no refined carbs.). Nevertheless, I haven't been able to chase away my semi-humorously named "middle man."

I enjoy moderate levels of cardio (P90X Cardio X once or twice a week), combined with 3 body-weight resistance days per week (think: Al Kavadlo style calesthenics). Still have paunch.

Don't want paunch.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I am going to be starting my CPT training come mid-March. Have to get rid of the inner-tube around the waist. I want to look the part on top of having the nutritional and physical know-how.

Cheers!
    Kane

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Visceral fat does not cause paunch. Visceral fat surrounds your viscera, or internal organs. If you have excessive visceral fat, you will have a firm, solid, potbelly. Your problem is subcutaneous fat, or fat that is under the skin. Lots of threads about getting rid of that.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    What jfreaksho said AND a lot of it is hormonal. Have you had those checked at all?
    In men, estrogen (specifically estradiol or E2 as it is sometimes referred to) is usually the culprit with many things that go awry. Stomach "paunch" being one of them. It will take time and diligence with everything from diet to exercise to sleep.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Visceral fat does not cause paunch. Visceral fat surrounds your viscera, or internal organs. If you have excessive visceral fat, you will have a firm, solid, potbelly. Your problem is subcutaneous fat, or fat that is under the skin. Lots of threads about getting rid of that.
    You're right. My mistake. I meant subcutaneous fat.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    What jfreaksho said AND a lot of it is hormonal. Have you had those checked at all?
    In men, estrogen (specifically estradiol or E2 as it is sometimes referred to) is usually the culprit with many things that go awry. Stomach "paunch" being one of them. It will take time and diligence with everything from diet to exercise to sleep.
    No, I have not had my hormone levels checked, but that's a good idea. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll look into that possibility.

Sleep is a major factor. My wife keeps telling me that, but I keep forgetting. I forget because I work nightshifts, but I get to sleep through the night. Essentially, I'm employed to be there "just in case." So while I'm not getting a nice comfy 9 hours a night, I am getting at least 6. On my nights off, I easily get 8-10 hours.