Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 9

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    It sounds like something you ought to have the doctor look at, in case it's an infection, especially if the icky stuff won't scrape off. But yeah, ick. I hate taking antibiotics because they always seem to throw my entire system off for weeks afterwards.
    Yeah, I really hope it's viral so I don't have to take antibiotics. That's the last thing my body needs, now that I'm finally getting my systems in working order. I REALLY hope I can convince them to take my tonsils out. Those stupid things are good for nothing, and my throat is just too crowded. I could really use the extra room in there.

I sing, and I'm actually quite good, but unfortunately my voice also sounds really closed-in, presumably because my "echo chamber" is so cramped. I have to force the sound out through a tiny hole, and you can tell. I've heard from a lot of people that getting your tonsils out will open your voice up, and I could really use some of that magic. Also, it would be cool to be able to, say, guzzle water without hurting myself. I can only swallow tiny amounts at a time and it sucks.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I'm so sorry you are sick. Let us know how it turns out.

236.0 lbs today, 36.75" waist and 50" hips!! I can't believe I might actually have hips below 50" soon. That hasn't happened since puberty. Exciting!

Called the 24hr nurse hotline offered by my insurance and asked what the lady thought about my throat issues. She says it could be tonsillitis, but it could also be strep or mono, so I should go see a doctor within 24hrs. I seriously do not want to deal with the tremendous pain in the ass of arranging a taxi and getting delivered to my assigned doctor 3 towns over (it is a nightmare dealing with cab companies) so I am going to go to the CVS Minute Clinic. They accept my insurance. Worst case scenario they give me crappy, unhelpful service and I go to my assigned doctor after all.

It would almost be worth going to see my doctor just to see what he says about my weight loss, and to get a full cholesterol panel just out of curiosity. But omg, getting there is such a pain in the ass, and also I would feel super tempted to get delicious thai peanut curry across the street (omg so good) and go shopping at the clothing store next to it. And I just do not have the money. Also, I proooobably shouldn't be out in public if I have strep/mono..

Oh, I just got a walrus delivered to me. I'm so glad I have a cat who cares enough about my health and wellbeing to provide me with walruses.

I posted up a homogay dating profile yesterday. No response yet. Not expecting much. My ex gave me a pep talk last night, telling me it's fucking ridiculous to think I am inherently repulsive to an entire 50% of the population, who are only similar to each other in that they have the same genitalia. I still think it's plausible, but it was nice of him to try and cheer me up. He's a good guy.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 03-20-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Luck at the clinic. I am always impressed by the care at our local walk in place.
    Great Job on the loss. I just took a good look at your signature. Yay! (My sig. currently lies, big time.)
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good Luck at the clinic. I am always impressed by the care at our local walk in place.
    Great Job on the loss. I just took a good look at your signature. Yay! (My sig. currently lies, big time.)
    Thanks. I've never been to this place before so I'm a little nervous about how much it will/won't suck. But I have to go, so there's no use worrying about it.

I haven't been updating my ticker upward, only downward (otherwise it's so demoralizing), and I was (very briefly) 236 like a week or so ago. So it's technically accurate for the first time in a while. :P Today's the first day I've had 50" hips though! So that's exciting. I know it doesn't sound particularly impressive since women are "supposed" to have 36" hips or whatever, and 50 is a lot. But damnit, I'm excited.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 03-20-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    The scale lies! It LIES! If you're losing inches you're making progress. Ignore that silly scale; mine hasn't budged in weeks but I'm still visibly losing inches so I quit worrying. HAKUNA FATTATA.

235 lbs today, 36.5" waist, 50" hips!

Heading to the clinic in a little bit. They open at 9. I sort of feel like death, but it's probably largely because my cats are being obnoxious idiots this morning. Feel really tired and run down.

Today I am going to the market with my friend, which is good because I desperately need vegetables.. All of mine went bad, including the 2lbs of ground chuck I had set in the fridge to thaw. I guess I haven't been eating enough/quickly enough.

Ok, I went to the clinic. The nurse practitioner was really nice. She gave me a strep test but she did not think it was strep (and she was right, it's not). She said it sounds like I have a post-nasal drip, and she could see it drippin'. So she told me to take musinex and gargle with salt water. She kept asking if I have allergies. I don't think I do. Anyway, it's good that I'm not contagious, and I had a much better experience than I would have had trying to go see my normal doctor. That would have been a waste of an entire day.

Also, since it was in the CVS, I got to buy 85% cacao Godiva chocolate and pickles while I was there. Breakfast of champions!

I told her I also wanted a cholesterol panel because I'd recently lost 25lbs, and she was like "!!! Congratulations! How did you do it!?" and I asked if she'd ever heard of paleo. She said she had, just last week. I told her that's pretty much what I'm doing. That I gave up all processed foods, wheat, and beans, and I eat mostly meat and vegetables and eggs, and have had basically no cravings at all since I started. She seemed a little skeptical ("Whoa, huh.") but agreed that wheat is a good thing to give up. She also seemed really concerned that I hadn't eaten since yesterday. I just said "Oh, it's fine. I fast a lot." and she gave me a weird look for a second. She must think I have an eating disorder or something. That or I'm participating in Lent really hardcore.

Whatever! I got to proselytize and it was fun. Can't wait to go out later with my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    The scale lies! It LIES! If you're losing inches you're making progress. Ignore that silly scale; mine hasn't budged in weeks but I'm still visibly losing inches so I quit worrying. HAKUNA FATTATA.
    You know, I am actually a little concerned that I've "only" lost ~3 inches off my waist/hips in 25lbs. Then again, I don't really carry my weight there (and especially not on my waist; I don't know how much more I can actually even lose there, it's almost totally firm.. I'm guessing like 2 more inches, tops). My weight is pretty much everywhere.. So I guess I should expect a slow shrinkage everywhere, and no dramatic decreases in any one area (since I don't have any dramatic-sized body parts, aside from my huge fucking arms that look like goddamn waterwings -- wait, what? No, I'm totally not bitter at all).

Stupid arms.

Also, I know when I was 290-300lbs, my hips were like 56" or something. So when I lost 30-40lbs, I only lost 3" then too. So.. whatevs, I guess. I probably shouldn't worry about it too much.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    "That, or I'm participating in Lent really hardcore."

People don't give you much grief if they think you are doing something for religious/spiritual reasons, but they will JUMP on you if you are doing it to improve your physical health if it doesn't conform to what THEY think is good for you.

So...good side...at least we're religiously tolerant? I don't know, but if I ever do a long fast, I'm going to cling to religion with vigor. Someone famous did it for 40 days, right? So, it should be okay for me.

Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast