Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 89

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I feel like a little kid trying to get colouring right when I first go to put on makeup, and then I sort of remember what do do and manage to get things inside the lines. I put it on only a couple of times a year these days, but once upon a time I did my eyes daily (never really was a foundation/powder girl, though). I feel a little like I'm in drag when I do it now, but for stuff like weddings, it seems like the thing to do.

It's funny, because in other ways I do the feminine thing just fine--I like fun dresses, I have a fondness for interesting design and unusual jewellery, and I like shoes (but only wear flats). But makeup is something I've largely abandoned.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Man, if I could just figure out liquid eyeliner to begin with, I'd love to have the riding-bicycle effect! My hands aren't steady and my eyelids flutter
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Man, if I could just figure out liquid eyeliner to begin with, I'd love to have the riding-bicycle effect! My hands aren't steady and my eyelids flutter
    It honestly just takes practice. I got REAL good at it back when I was a goth.

^ Yep, that's actually me.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Great Pic. I should post one of my punk days in the 80"s.

I think you should wear eyeliner every day just for yourself.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Gravy!

nothing at all, I was just thinking friendly thoughts of you and decided to leave that sentiment in writing. Now doesn't that just warm the cockles of your heart?

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Crabbcakes! It does indeed warm my heart. Thanks for thinking of me!

I'm doing fine. Been going out a ton with new friends and just came home from a ladydate about an hour ago. Life is so good! We have another date tomorrow. She's really hot and awesome and she's extremely into me. We went to a new gay bar tonight after talking for like 5 hours, and gay dudes were buying us drinks. Good times were had by all!

I haven't been losing much weight lately because drinking has been interfering. I wish more bars had diet sodas! I've been enjoying myself, though. And frankly I think that's what's most important right now. Although, I did make an AWESOME cocktail recently: rootbeer float cocktails! It's cake vodka (or whipped cream vodka), diet rootbeer, and heavy cream. Tastes amazing and only like 2g carbs! Also amazing, but NOT low-carb: cake vodka white russians. They taste just like tira misu. <3 Incredible.

I'm still at like 194 lbs right now, which pretty much sucks, but whatever. Better than 260!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear that things are going so well, Gravyboat. Stop by when you can make time, because we miss you. And we'd like to hear all the fun stuff, too!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Yay Gravy! Glad the ladydates are going well, and I'm totally with you that the social thing is important for you right now.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    OMG I LOVE tiramisu!

I am SO happy to hear that the friends and dating thing is totally going your way! We all knew your awesomeness, now others get to see it, too, and they are people YOU reciprocally like!

I have never heard of cake vodka - will have to look that one up, especially if you can make a tiramisu cocktail out of it. I have had a white russian, and liked it - sounds very promising. I have discovered a serious liking for Mike's Harder Lemonade in the summer and I like a good cocktail on holidays. There is a bottle of ice wine in my hutch hubby brought back from Jersey at my request a little while ago - will have to have that soon.

If you are drinking and are still at 194, you are still looking out for yourself. When you are ready, you will start in again on the weight descent. I agree - social thing at this point trumps.

Hubby is on his way back from Jersey and will arrive this evening - maybe it is time to see what else is in the liquor cabinet (I don't ever drink when hubby is gone - if I ever had to make a run for the emergency room with Third because hubby wasn't here to do it, it would be very, very bad to arrive smelling of C2-H6-O...), just as a welcome home.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    coo-eee
    Oi, Gravy, are you having too much fun to update? Hope so!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast