Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 86

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mmmm. Pecan-crusted catfish with sauteed scallions, homemade tartar sauce, pickles, and raspberry hard cider. Served on antique teal glass dishes by candle light.

Shit, I'd date me.

You guys, life is so good. Had an awesome time at choir today. Soprano 2 (my section) was singing a part for our director, and a lady in Soprano 1 turned around and said "Your voice is so pretty!" I was like "OMG THANK YOU!! " Then some of us went to Panera afterward to work on language pronunciation (we're doing songs in Yiddish, Hebrew, some African languages, Latin, and Gaelic). And a random lady came up to us and complimented us on our singing. And I was able to help one of the choir ladies with a part on a song, and she was super appreciative and was like "You're a prodigy! You're so awesome at everything!" and I was like "LOL no way, that's ridiculous!!" and we all had a laugh.

Also, last night I got totally sloshed on sparkling wine at my friend's ceramics studio and we laughed a lot and it was great. I was REALLY drunk and it was a blast.

I'm kinda blowing my diet right now with drinking and eating chocolates and totally not counting carbs, but I don't care. Life is awesome. If only I had someone to share it with!
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 10-08-2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: That hot sexy catfish was covered in pecans, not walnuts

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    You are making me sooooooooo jealous... I am doing a Whole30 for October...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    You make my mouth water.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    You are making me sooooooooo jealous... I am doing a Whole30 for October...
    Good luck, Crabbcakes!! I've never purposely done a Whole30, but it's an awesome thing to do! One of these days I will. Maybe for November since apparently this is a month of debauchery and I'll probably need it by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    You make my mouth water.
    Oh badgergirl, you know it is mutual. <3

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I did a six-week paleo challenge earlier this year at my gym, and I found that worked well for me--not quite the same as a Whole 30, since I allowed myself one treat a week (normally an almond milk Kashmiri chai with a gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip cookie or a gluten-free butter chicken wrap at one of my fave local places), but it was strictly no dairy, no legumes, no grains, etc. for the rest of the time. I lost a few inches, but more importantly, it helped me get re-focused on my eating habits.

I may do something similar for November as well since this weekend is Thanksgiving here and I baked a delicious maple pumpkin pie (gluten-free pastry of course) and am happily indulging, plus I just had my birthday and my friend and I are having a joint birthday party coming up that will involve loads of food. It might be good to have a month of really clean eating before we dive on into the Christmas season. The celiac thing always makes me more conscious of my food than a lot of people, but it's good to get back on track now and then on the other stuff.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Against all reason, I'm back down to 197. Squishy as fuck, though, because I've been boozing and eating fancy chocolates and not giving a shit. I've got the water bloat going on in a bad way, but whatever. Been ending my nights with a bottle of cider and a chocolate, and it's been nice.

Back on a normal sleep schedule again, which is good. And still keeping up with dishes mostly. Made a vat of pulled pork last night, and eating that with onions and mayo. Keepin it classy.

"Feed me, Human."

The cats are doing well. Octavia's appetite has been pretty good lately. She woke me up at 3:30 this morning because she was hungry.... I told her to fuck off and tried to go back to sleep, but she kept waking me up every 15 minutes for the next 2 hours until I'd finally had enough. She hasn't had any intestinal issues in a while either, which is great, and the red sore-looking spots near some of her teeth seem much improved. I'm pleased! Now if only I could get them to eat organ meat and get off the baby food..

Omg I love choir so much.

Our director was unhappy with one part of a song today. She couldn't figure out how to make it sound good. She felt it was too heavy/flat/awkward-sounding with the other parts around it, and was clearly frustrated. So I suggested we use a crescendo/decrescendo where it is light at the beginning/end and louder in the middle. And as soon as I said that she was basically like "OMG YES!!! PERFECT!!!!!!!" and so we tried it, and she was super pleased, and it sounded super good, and I got a round of applause. On the next song, she was teasing me. "We're going to do this a certain way, if that's okay with you, Gravy!" and I was like "Lol geez!!!" and it was fun.

Also they sang happy birthday to me today, which was so awesome.

More choir adventures: There is a lady there who has been having a rough time in her personal life lately, trying so hard to rope a particular job, and they keep jerking her around. I felt super bad and so I bought a bar of her favorite chocolate (Lindt 90%, she is paleo!) and gave it to her today. And she was soooo appreciative and she gave me a big hug. So that felt nice.

Now I have shepherd's pie on the stove and I'm about to eat dinner and watch a movie. It's been a good day! And tomorrow's my birthday.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Happy Birthday! May this next year be full of more wonderful life changes. You Go Gravy!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday Gravyboat!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Happy happy Gravy day to you! Congrats on surviving another trip around the sun.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 86 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast