Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 85

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    She's got her appetite back, but she's still got indigestion. She woke me up twice today to feed her!! I'm not arguing with her about manners just yet, though, so I got up and fed her. I'm just glad she's hungry. Though she will pester me for food and then barely eat anything. I have to keep offering it to her throughout the day. I think maybe her stomach is just super tiny. I don't know.

In other news, I'm super bloated and I don't really know why. Oh well, whatever. It's only temporary.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Hello, lovely primalfolks.

I've been bad. I fell out of ketosis this week for reasons I don't understand, bloated up and started craving carbs. So I decided to take advantage of the situation before getting back on the wagon and ate a whole carton of chocolate peanut butter Haagen Dazs and some fancy chocolates.

I regret nothing!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hey gorgeous.

I wish I could've joined you off the wagon, that sounds like fun.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I discovered this amazing chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream a few weeks ago and have since decided that I made it all up and it never existed (because that way I can't buy it again!).

Also, you are looking fantastic.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Lovely picture! You have beautiful lips.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Gravy!

Glad Octavia is eating, even though it is nickel-and-dime style.

HaagenDazs sounds lovely right now - I have been having FEED ME SEYMOUR kinds of hungers lately, I think it is the cooler weather making me want to blubber-up for the winter. I'm going to try to kill that feeling with more chicken livers and onions. My deadline of look-better is Nov 15 and coming up faster and faster now.

I like the sweater - you dress well for us here on the MDA

Ugh, the cravings are definitely intense right now. It doesn't help that I have fancy chocolates in the house for halloween, and I have peanut butter for Octavia. I'll admit I've been eating some peanut butter, but I haven't touched the chocolates. It helps that I intentionally bought kinds I don't like much (caramels, bleugh).

I've also been slacking hardcore this week with cleaning, returning emails, and sleeping like a normal person. Time to turn this ship around, because that's bad news.

Luckily, if I can make it through the upcoming round of miserable cravings, I should be able to drop the bloat I've been experiencing and start getting things done again. The chart has me at 195 on October 15th, and I intend to make it happen. Also, my house is acceptably clean enough right now to have people over, so I DO NOT want to start falling behind with that again.

I'm worried about what this will mean for my birthday, as I think it might be a bad idea to bake a big flourless chocolate cake at this point. But we'll see.

In other news, it's officially been a year since I brought home Genevieve! Happy adoptionday, Beeps! <3

calochortus is offline Junior Member
    I decided to give up chocolate for October. One, I could eat a whole chocolate bar a night. Every night. Nice expensive chocolate. So that had to stop. The one bite tonight and another tomorrow? Ate the whole bar. So, no chocolate until Nov 1. This takes care of Halloween, handily enough.

Note, chocolate keeps! And happy pre-birthday.

It's great to hear you realizing things are slipping. Don't know what gets you back on track. I make lists, my husband picks one thing. And then one thing. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by calochortus View Post
    I decided to give up chocolate for October. One, I could eat a whole chocolate bar a night. Every night. Nice expensive chocolate. So that had to stop. The one bite tonight and another tomorrow? Ate the whole bar. So, no chocolate until Nov 1. This takes care of Halloween, handily enough.

Note, chocolate keeps! And happy pre-birthday.

It's great to hear you realizing things are slipping. Don't know what gets you back on track. I make lists, my husband picks one thing. And then one thing. Etc.
    I've managed to stay away from the chocolate, although I do see it sitting there every time I walk into the kitchen. I just keep reminding myself that I would rather lose a pound than taste something sweet for like 30 seconds. And it's for putting out for the neighbors, which I am excited for, and the extra will get taken to choir, which I am also excited for. I like giving people things.

I'm getting back on top of everything, though I couldn't really say why. With the diet, it's because I know I've got 5lbs to lose by the 15th (I've been sitting at 199-200 for a while now) and I don't want to have to say I couldn't do it. Also, it's just such a relief to have an empty sink and all my clothes on hangers. It's a relief to know that anyone can walk into my apartment right now and I wouldn't feel totally anxious and ashamed for living in filth.

But I think the biggest motivator is that I damn well know how hard it is to clean my apartment when I've let it go for a long time, and I would much rather do dishes for 5-10 minutes a day than have to spend 12 full hours doing load after load after load. It's easier to pick a couple things off the floor and put them on hangers than let it go and have a giant pile of laundry again. I just did a huge clean, and I DON'T want to do it again. I'm also thinking I'd like to try dating again, so I kind of need to keep things nice. So if I see something that needs cleaning now, I'm trying to just roll my sleeves up and do it before it spirals back out of control. I have the energy now, so there's no excuse not to. And the anxiety of having to do another big clean is a pretty good motivator.

tachikomoo is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Gravy just finished reading your whole journal, count me as another fan! I hear you on the housework -- my parents had really bad habits with cleaning up so I inherited them, and when I moved out on my own I didn't honestly know how to manage. I had a phone call one day with my grandma, who was old school 50's housewife type lady (though mean as!!) and asked her how she managed to keep up with it all.

What she said stuck with me; that its different when its your own home, and she feels pride at presenting it to folks as an extension of herself, to invite them into a place where they can feel as welcome and safe as she does. If she has a clean home, she feels more cheerful, confident, and happy, and can look around the house and enjoy the view rather than think 'ugh'. She also was a huge fan of big windows and lots of sunlight, something that I'm trying to incorporate (as a former cave dweller). So good on you for keeping up with it, its much harder than alot of people think, especially when battling depression and all sorts. Hugs to you and your kitties.

Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast