Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 77

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Still 201 today. Still extremely squishy, though! It's about to come off, I know it.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Owly is offline Senior Member
    It's just your body trying to build the suspense
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Well it's doing a really good job! But now it needs to knock it off. :P

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Waiting on tenterhooks, here! Maybe I will look up some kind of repelling spell so those pesky couple of pounds will just let go already!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Me Too. lol
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Oh I don't believe this. 200 today, and I'm starting my period. Are you kidding me?? At least I should get a nice bloat drop at the end, but it's still going to be like another week before it's all gone.

Not that I'm not happy to see 200 on the scale! Because that's incredible! I've lost 60lbs!! I never thought I'd actually see 200. Not on primal, not ever. And here I am!! So that's really awesome.

Buuuutttt... I want 199! Oh well, I'll be there in a couple days!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It is like dating 199's twin sister. Close, very close, but just not the same.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Right now I'm living vicariously through your awesomeness.
    Rootin for 199~

Really good things are happening for me too, just not much in the way of my uber-slow weight loss lately.
    I'll take the amazing medical healing in it's place for now though.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Congrats on your medical healing, Cori! That's awesome.

*******199!!!!!*******
    ~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~ *~~

Ladies and gentlemen, I am no longer in the 200s. I never believed I would make it this far when I started. It never seemed like it could actually be real. But it is real! I'm no longer 200-and-something!

When I started eating this way, my weight goal was 200, because I literally never thought I would ever make it below that. I also thought that 200 would put me at a regular, normal size, and that it would be unrealistic to shoot under that. Today I'm 199lbs, size 16, and still have plenty to lose! I do think I'm "normal-sized" now, but on the huskier side of normal. I have a ways to go still before I'm done. I still maintain that I have a large bone structure, and I will never be waif-like, but I do want to be lean for my frame and be rid of all the large fat deposits on my arms/belly/thighs. I still think 160 is the number to hit, but I'm prepared to aim as low as 140, depending on what I see when I get there.

The job is still unfinished, but I am proud for making it here. And I know that I will get to my final goal, whatever that ends up being. It's literally just a matter of time. My life is different now, and it's never going to be what it was again. I will be what I want to be, and I do have the power to change my life. I'm doing it. I'm proof that things can get better, even after completely believing that there was no hope and would never be any hope. Even after staring death in the face again and again, feeling that every day I lived was only wasting time until I finally succeeded in my suicide attempts. Even after spending years wading in extreme, overwhelming, unrelenting guilt even for existing, for having the absolute audacity to waste food and water and resources on myself just so I could survive another miserable day, even though I felt others deserved those resources more than I did, and that I truly deserved to die for being so worthless, selfish, and disgusting.

Today I've lost 60lbs, I will never take psychiatric medication again because I don't need it, and I am cultivating real self esteem for the first time and actually developing a realistic sense of self. (It's some damn slow-going, but I'm doing it.) I've proven to myself that I can rise above overwhelming odds, and that nothing is unattainable if I try the right way. (Not hard enough --- the right way. Beating your head against a brick wall doesn't accomplish anything, especially if you think it's your fault that the wall won't budge.) I am believing more and more that I am a worthwhile, mature, honest, intelligent, strong, good person. The kind of person that anyone would be lucky to know. I don't need to apologize for myself constantly, or believe that everyone else is better than me and that I am a constant pathetic burden on everyone around me. People actually like me and like being around me. And that shouldn't be surprising, because I'm a friendly, gentle, sweet, perceptive, interesting person, with a lot of depth and a lot of empathy from having been through so much. It's not a curse, it's a strength. It's not something to be ashamed of, it's a sign of what I'm capable of enduring and capable of fixing, even against overwhelming odds!

Who would have thought that all this growth would have come out of a fucking diet??? Not me.

Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast