Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 76

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Huh! Interesting, and I believe it. I knew I couldn't be that much of a lightweight.

The liver can make ketones out of alcohol, so technically, when you drink you'll continue to produce ketones and so will remain in ketosis. The problem is ... alcohol converts more easily to ketones than fatty acids, so your liver will use the alchol first, in preference to fat. Thus, when you drink, basically your FAT burning is put on hold until all the alcohol is out of your system.

This rapid breakdown of alcohol into ketones and acetaldehyde (the intoxicating by-product) ... tends to put low carbers at risk for quicker intoxication ... especially if no other food is consumed to slow absorption.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Heh. Try being a lightweight and being primal. If I'm not at home, I have a one drink limit. More than that and I am definitely past tipsy.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey Gravyboat!

I have a question - I was in the local-ish oriental grocery, and overheard two Koreans talking about Chinatown in Cleveland. The old guy said it is down on Superior Ave. Smallish, compared to other Chinatowns in other cities, but still there. Are you aware of such a thing in Cleveland?? According to him, there are four large oriental groceries there.

Hi, Crabbcakes. Yup, it exists. I only know of two grocery stores, though: Park To Shop on E 30th between Superior and Payne, and Good Harvest Market, around the corner on Payne. Park To Shop is more "upscale", in that it is cleaner and bigger and fancier-looking (looks like a "real" grocery store). Good Harvest Market is smaller and not very glamorous. They both have basically the same stuff at the same price, though Park To Shop has a larger selection. I usually shop at Good Harvest Market, though, because I prefer to support smaller businesses, even though it is somewhat scuzzy.

If you can eat wheat at all, if you go, I suggest splurging on a pork bun (NOT the pork dumplings, but the pork buns) from the pastry case. Sooo gooood. Both places are supplied by a local bakery daily (I do not know which one), and they are amazing. I can't eat them anymore, and that makes me very sad.

Just writing myself a reminder:

I've been having some congestion and post-nasal drip bullshit lately, waking up with a crappy voice and such. At one point, it hurt to swallow because the mucus had made my throat raw. At the time, I was confused and couldn't figure out why. I just got over being sick, so I couldn't be sick again. So what is it?

It's cheese, yo. I've been eating lumps of melted cheese. That's what's causing it.

Stop eating cheese. You already know milk affects you badly. Well, cheese apparently does too. So knock it off.

In other news, still holding steady around 203-205, every day for the last eternity. Squishy and waiting for a whoosh. Should happen in the next two weeks if my chart can be trusted.

OMG YAY, OMG YAY! WHOOSH IN PROGRESS! FINALLY!

I'm 201 today!! And I'm at max squishiness, so there's more coming! I should be under 200 this week! Yay! Omg, it doesn't feel quite real. Better get ready, though, because it's gonna be real!

Also, last night I won an auction for amazingly underpriced Jeannette Swirl ultramarine dinner plates (which is one of my favorite patterns, produced in 1937-38, and I have the matching cups and saucers), so I am extremely pleased with life at this moment.

Yay plates! Yay whoosh! Yay you!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Yay!!! I hope I hit 199 tomorrow!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Fabulous! Weightloss and new dinnerware.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I'm actually sort of excited and on the edge of my seat waiting to hear your next update!

Owly's Journal

Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast