Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 65

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    In the midst of a serious topic, all I have to add is unf, work that look, it's the hotness.
    May I just add another unf to the pile, regarding the 'dapper' look.

I had to think about the hair for a bit, because my particular brain structure prefers to process changes slowly, but I've decided that I *like* your pixie cut. It has a cute, smart attitude to it.

About long hair and men, I don't know. My hair's long, and I don't attract men - I'm thinking it's most likely due to my body size. Most men in the world would rather do anything else than talk to me, I've noticed.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Just wanted to remind you that you rule. I don't have much to say on all this, but your thoughts on what having short hair means to you is making me re-think what my hair (currently, pink and about mid-cheek in length) means to me and how I present myself/how I feel about presenting myself. You rule for thinking about these things. You rule for taking care of yourself. You rule for giving a damn, even if it means there is anxiety and insecurity attached to it. You are a strong person becoming stronger.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    So you're wanting to feel attractive, but not in a way a man would like. Yes?
    I want to feel attractive in a way that I think reflects who I am inside: predominantly masculine. Which, yeah, most men aren't into. Some men are into it. But, frankly, I don't really give a fuck if men are into it, because my choices aren't about pleasing them, it's about being true to myself even if no one else likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    May I just add another unf to the pile, regarding the 'dapper' look.

I had to think about the hair for a bit, because my particular brain structure prefers to process changes slowly, but I've decided that I *like* your pixie cut. It has a cute, smart attitude to it.
    I'm still deciding if I like it too, honestly. I sorta wish I'd left it a couple inches longer in the front, but it is hair and it will grow out.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Just wanted to remind you that you rule. I don't have much to say on all this, but your thoughts on what having short hair means to you is making me re-think what my hair (currently, pink and about mid-cheek in length) means to me and how I present myself/how I feel about presenting myself. You rule for thinking about these things. You rule for taking care of yourself. You rule for giving a damn, even if it means there is anxiety and insecurity attached to it. You are a strong person becoming stronger.
    Well I'm glad someone thinks that's a positive attribute! Sometimes I feel like I just work myself into a froth for no reason and I should really just calm down and stop overthinking everything. Like, why can't I just be satisfied with something and move on? But, I can't. It's just how I am. I don't like doing anything without thinking of every tiny implication. Every choice we make is seen by other people as an endorsement of some kind, and I just think it's really important to make sure I'm sending the right endorsements. But then, on the other hand, I think it's important that I not get too caught up in social signals and do what I think is true to myself.

So basically I end up hashing and rehashing every decision I make, and I almost never feel 100% decided one way or another. I almost never feel completely happy with my decisions in the end, I always just end up trying to stuff in all the loose ends and try to be satisfied with that. Unfortunately, I tend to be able to see things in lots of different ways, and every side of the issue has its own weight. So I tend to feel like I'm being pulled 8 ways at once just deciding what shirt to wear sometimes. And no matter what I decide, about anything, it's usually in opposition to something else I think is equally important.

For me, it seems like life is a never-ending search for choices that don't leave me feeling vaguely unhappy and conflicted. I'm not sure I've ever found anything that doesn't, but I do keep trying new things in hope.

And I hope that when I have reached my goal weight and I'm buying lots of nice new clothes, I am happy enough that I won't start waffling again like I always seem to. I think I'll be happy. But I never really know with me. Which is why I'm glad I'm doing this now, when I'll have built-in waffle protection (lack of pretty hair and fitted feminine clothes to fall back on). The last time I tried this, I panicked due to my horribly boring, extremely limited, ill-fitting, jeans-and-tshirt mens wardrobe, and started wearing my pretty, quality skirts again because they still fit me and I still had them. Not this time! I'll save up money to buy nice, beautiful, quality clothing that I actually like, and they'll fit my body better, and I'll be able to play with colors and textures, and it should be a lot more enjoyable.

I just have to save up the money somehow...

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

PS: 208lbs today. 34" / 46". Still squishy, though a lot less so than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Well I'm glad someone thinks that's a positive attribute! Sometimes I feel like I just work myself into a froth for no reason and I should really just calm down and stop overthinking everything. Like, why can't I just be satisfied with something and move on? But, I can't. It's just how I am. I don't like doing anything without thinking of every tiny implication. Every choice we make is seen by other people as an endorsement of some kind, and I just think it's really important to make sure I'm sending the right endorsements. But then, on the other hand, I think it's important that I not get too caught up in social signals and do what I think is true to myself.

So basically I end up hashing and rehashing every decision I make, and I almost never feel 100% decided one way or another. I almost never feel completely happy with my decisions in the end, I always just end up trying to stuff in all the loose ends and try to be satisfied with that. Unfortunately, I tend to be able to see things in lots of different ways, and every side of the issue has its own weight. So I tend to feel like I'm being pulled 8 ways at once just deciding what shirt to wear sometimes. And no matter what I decide, about anything, it's usually in opposition to something else I think is equally important.

For me, it seems like life is a never-ending search for choices that don't leave me feeling vaguely unhappy and conflicted. I'm not sure I've ever found anything that doesn't, but I do keep trying new things in hope.
    Welcome to my head? Well, how it used to be. After doing the primal thing for some time, and with the help of amino acids to help my depression and anxiety, I very suddenly started getting some relief from the constant self-questioning and doubt. I actually let go of some personal past turmoils. It was shocking. Now I'm not on anything for mood support, and the relief continues. So I get the "just how I am", but I believe if it's something you wish was different, it could be different. Part of the reason I am the way I am though is from growing up with the constant self-doubt. I am in the midst of growing my hair out, but every now and then I go through periods of "Do I really want to do this?" and question it all over again. It grows back, yes, but I know I hate the growing back period. Blah blah blah, not really coherently rambling here, anyway, I guess I'm wondering how much regular anxiety you feel (and felt before going primal) and if you've considered "treating" it beyond just a good diet.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I want to feel attractive in a way that I think reflects who I am inside: predominantly masculine. Which, yeah, most men aren't into. Some men are into it. But, frankly, I don't really give a fuck if men are into it, because my choices aren't about pleasing them, it's about being true to myself even if no one else likes it.
    Yeah, I think that you have the right attitude. Keep doing what you are doing.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Welcome to my head? Well, how it used to be. After doing the primal thing for some time, and with the help of amino acids to help my depression and anxiety, I very suddenly started getting some relief from the constant self-questioning and doubt. I actually let go of some personal past turmoils. It was shocking. Now I'm not on anything for mood support, and the relief continues. So I get the "just how I am", but I believe if it's something you wish was different, it could be different. Part of the reason I am the way I am though is from growing up with the constant self-doubt. I am in the midst of growing my hair out, but every now and then I go through periods of "Do I really want to do this?" and question it all over again. It grows back, yes, but I know I hate the growing back period. Blah blah blah, not really coherently rambling here, anyway, I guess I'm wondering how much regular anxiety you feel (and felt before going primal) and if you've considered "treating" it beyond just a good diet.
    My depression/anxiety are SO MUCH BETTER than they used to be, but probably still on the high end for most people. I can leave the house now without freaking out and having a panic attack, though I still tend to put off doing it, especially more involved trips where I know I'm going to have to walk a lot with heavy things and I'm going to come home completely exhausted and in pain. I have not had a deep depressive episode with crying and hopelessness and suicide scares since before Primal, but I still have low energy/low self esteem days sometimes where I am grumpy.

I still over-analyze everything and I still compulsively pick when I'm bored/anxious. I still have issues, and hopefully they will further improve with time and nutrition. Things are better than they were, just not 100% yet.

Oh definitely, even the average bear, not just us formerly-more-crazy ones, have those kinds of days. I'm glad things are much better for you now

206 today! I think I may have beat that little plateau that was threatening me. Maybe the carb-up helped after all. Hopefully this continues. I don't feel squishy and bloated anymore, though, so we'll see.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Damn. Never thought I'd say this, but I wish I had a razor. I just cut my hair shorter on the back/sides (used the #4 guard -- 1/2") and evened up my hairline in the back into more of a line, but now there's all these patchy little hairs underneath that didn't get cut and I need to shave em off. I looked for an old razor head cartridge that might be in an old box somewhere, but couldn't find anything. I'm gonna look one more time.. Otherwise I'm gonna have to walk to CVS in the middle of the night and buy a disposable razor with my patchy-ass nape showing. Not a great look.

Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast