Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 59

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Very nice, I think I would like your apartment. Love the paintings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Oh god, I slept for like 12 hours. My jaw hurts and my whole body is sore.

I vow not to stay up all weekend ever again. That sucked. Ugh.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Morning, Sunshine.

Heeheehee.

Don't worry, it will get better. Intriguing new avatar. I'm glad you posted what it was, and the larger picture. I was puzzling. I like all those candles and mirrors. But only as a concept. I am too fire-phobic to go that route myself. At least I can enjoy, vicariously.

I should probably be more afraid of fire than I am. But honestly I've been a candle hoarder since middle school. I like huge glowing displays and dripping wax and flickering flames. In the picture, you can also partially see the silver goblet with all the used matches in it. I periodically set that on fire when it gets full (it's actually about due now). Smells super good, like a bonfire, and feels exciting and cathartic. Lets off a lot of smoke, though.

Here's another view of the same table. You can also see the incense box I painted.

And here's some blurry pictures of other areas of my bedroom.

(I was showing off the bowl for street cred after I saw the same one on Caprica.)

(Those things are actually all sitting on a silver platter now, but I don't have a more recent picture to prove this.)

My kingdom for a decent camera. I have to use my crappy phone camera and computer webcam to photograph everything. It's one of many things I would like to save up for.

Also, do you have any idea how hard it is to find unscented candles? More difficult than one would probably assume. I like my candles to smell like melted wax. That's a scent too. Can you imagine an entire table of scented candles burning at once? You'd need a gas mask just to walk in the room. Yuck.

Beeswax is my favorite. Not only is it appropriately earthy-crunchy Primal, they have a lovely sweet smell that's not overpowering.

Beeswax is awesome. I wish I could afford it!

I usually steal from my parents collection, which was mostly taken from various church functions. Religious supply sites/shops probably carry thin beeswax candles (which, if carefully softened by hand, can be braided, looks so cool).
    Beeswax Candles, Pure Beeswax Candles, Orthodox Church Candles
    Awr. I guess they aren't as cheap as I hoped they'd be

I go for those religious pillars in the glass jars sometimes. I couldn't be more atheist, but I like the way they look. Also they're dirt cheap and you can buy them at the grocery store.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I go for those religious pillars in the glass jars sometimes. I couldn't be more atheist, but I like the way they look. Also they're dirt cheap and you can buy them at the grocery store.
    Ok, I don't feel so weird buying all those things up in the grocery store anymore. Yes, they're for religious purposes but I just think they're pretty, and I'm weird and I like candles and incense in the bathroom at all times.

Okay, I finally scheduled a dentist appointment for Thursday.. I have been meaning to do that for, oh... years? I mean, this is the person who let an infected, impacted wisdom tooth sit in her mouth for 6 months. Yeah. Anyway, I figured it was time to go because I am really worried I have a cavity between my bottom front teeth, and that's not good. At the very least, I need a cleaning badly. I haven't been to the dentist in like 5 years.

Also, holy shit. Today was a loose skin day. And, I decided I should probably wear a bra during waking hours from now on to try and encourage my breast skin to shrink up. I don't know if it'll help or not, but I suppose it couldn't hurt. So I've been doing that the last couple days. (I hate it, honestly, but I will do it if it can possibly help.)

Felt lightheaded a lot today, so I ate a lot. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

Carb-up is still on for this weekend. Oh, and I'm going to a ren fest on saturday. It's Celtic weekend, so I'm looking forward to all the big hairy men in kilts. I'm also hoping to find a blacksmith with reasonably-priced weapons. We'll see.

Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast