Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 54

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Look on the bright side. A heavy period is (usually) a sign of good health. It means your body has the resources to build up a nice, thick lining for any babies, and the muscle tone to produce good, strong contractions to get it all out when it is not needed. You are building a better body.
    I suppose that's a good way of looking at it. I just feel a little resentful that I have a hormonal IUD and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Like, say, giving me light/nonexistent periods. That would have been nice, but I guess it just didn't shape up that way.

The flea market ended up being REALLY SWELTERINGLY HOT, and I was not dressed for it. I wore thick jeans and a thick tshirt. Not fun.

Good news, however, I was able to exchange the bra for a 40DDD and it fits very well. I probably could have even gone with a DD. The sizes for that company are seriously fucked up... Here's hoping I lose more tit and can switch to a different bra company.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Look on the bright side. A heavy period is (usually) a sign of good health. It means your body has the resources to build up a nice, thick lining for any babies, and the muscle tone to produce good, strong contractions to get it all out when it is not needed. You are building a better body.
    My uterus, with it's scant and weak periods, is suddenly feeling vastly inferior.
    Good thing I don't want it to do anything silly like make a baby.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    My uterus, with it's scant and weak periods, is suddenly feeling vastly inferior.
    Good thing I don't want it to do anything silly like make a baby.
    Same here. I still have some of my uterus left and I get these weak ass periods. I wonder if this will affect our health later on? And yes I worry about my hormone levels, for health reasons since I don't have baby plans either.

I know I need to get my Mirena out at some point for health reasons (I technically have 3 more years on it, but maybe I will get it out early). It's just, if my periods are still heavy even with it, I DO NOT want to see how bad they are without it.

Like, I always thought my horrifically-painful, Carrie-style periods from before were a PCOS thing, but maybe that's just how they are for me. God I hope not.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I got an old style copper IUD after my last son was born and one of the results was much heavier periods. Interesting, however, one of the few miraculous results of supplementing iodine was that my periods normalized again. After many adventures with iodine I finally settled on about 1 mg/day. Any higher and very bad things happen. BWAHAHAHA!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I've had two friends with the copper one and they both experienced horrific periods afterward too.

I specifically got the hormonal one because my periods were already horrific and I literally could not imagine how they could even be worse than they already were. I used to barely be able to get out of bed the first few days, and would actually sob from the pain.

So, I mean, I'm glad my periods are more like "normal" ones now, but I am still scared of what's going to happen when I get it out. I DO NOT want to go back to how it was.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Could you just have it replaced with another hormonal IUD? I will have to have my copper one replaced soon. Unfortunately with my blood clot history, hormones are out.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Yeah, I could, but I've heard people talking around here about injecting hormones (or having an implant) is probably not the most healthy thing.

I would want to know more about that before I made a decision based on it, but it seems reasonable enough to me. Also, I worry about hormones in the water supply, which I am contributing to. However, personal grief has a place in the equation as well. So I dunno.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hopefully, by the time you have to have the IUD removed, your body will be in a whole different state, and you'll have a different(better) period experience.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    211 again today. Come on!

Also, I'm concerned about a dark grey stain that started between my front bottom teeth and is now spreading to the right in a thin horizontal line. I first noticed it spreading maybe a couple weeks ago? I do not like going to the dentist but I think I will need to. I hope to god it's not decay. And I think I should start oil-pulling again because that really helped earlier this year. I mean, it didn't help with the grey stain, but it helped with tartar buildup which may be making things worse.

Fuckin teeth. I hate teeth.

Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast