Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 53

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    My cat loves the juice from packages of meat, but won't eat any chunks of meat, raw or cooked. I think I could probably transition her if I used canned food, but dry Orijen is cheaper. Mebe she just needs more fat.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I get concerned that my cats eat a higher carb ratio than I do... and they're carnivores. I would like to transition them to raw, but I feel like it would be a lot of work, and I'd have to read more about it. I am also worried about cost, because their food currently costs only $25 a month, and I honestly can't afford much/any more than that. So I dunno. I still feed them grain-free (Blue Wilderness), but it doesn't seem good enough, and I feel bad.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I don't know what other dry grain-free options are out there really. Orijen comes in 5.5 lb bags and is about $21. That lasts me about one month for my 12lb kitty. Orijen has a high fat and protein amount, it's under 20% carbs I think. I saw that Petco (or Petsmart, whichever) has some grain-free options, maybe there is something else out there has a lower carb count.

I am also hunting for a good clumping, odour-absorbent litter. I am using World's Best Cat Litter (what a pretentious name), it clumps really nicely and helps with the smell, however, over time it gets dusty. One bag lasted me about a month for my one cat, but I'm stretching it. I need to buy something new soon (and a higher sided box so she stops kicking her shit all over the kitchen floor).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Oh, I don't want to put them on another dry food, I want to take them off dry food. The Blue Wilderness is good stuff as far as dry goes, but it's still relatively high carb. I mean, I'm eating like 5% carbs, and they're eating like 20%. That just seems wrong to me. They are carnivores. They shouldn't be eating any carbs.

My one cat is a litter-kicker too. She acts like she's digging to China in there. The other cat doesn't even like touching the litter. She'll scratch everything around the box -- the wall, the floor, the outside of the box -- but not the actual litter. Cats. Who knows.

Omg! Period is in full flow, but I've somehow lost weight anyway!

211 today!! And squishy as shit, too, so there's more to come!

HAHA, my new bra arrived. Yeah, there is no way I can wear this one. The band size is perfect, unfortunately the cups are so hilariously gigantic that I could probably fit both breasts into one. I expected it to be a little loose, but it's even worse than my old bras. I wonder if I can be shady and return it to a store for the full retail dollar amount... Returning it to the ebay seller would not actually get me any money back. Or I guess I could personally sell it back out on ebay.

Conclusion: Mail order bras, while cheap, are really not something I would recommend unless you definitely know your size for a given company. It really sucks being an unconventional size that is not carried in stores.

[Edit to add] Ok, I'm going to the mall tomorrow to exchange it for a 40DDD, which I believe (hopefully) should fit reasonably well. They only carry up to DDD in the store so that's the best I can do. That seems fair, because it's just trading for a different size. It should be no skin off their nose, and that way I get a bra I can wear, and I won't be out any money.

Hopefully they will be okay with that.

I had to agree to go to the flea market tomorrow and keep my friend company in exchange for the ride to the mall, so I might wear something frumpy to avoid attention. I don't know, we'll see. I resent feeling like I need to wear unflattering clothing to avoid being harassed, but would I rather wear unflattering clothing or be harassed? Neither. Blah.
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 07-21-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    My one cat is a litter-kicker too. She acts like she's digging to China in there. The other cat doesn't even like touching the litter. She'll scratch everything around the box -- the wall, the floor, the outside of the box -- but not the actual litter. Cats. Who knows.
    Here is another suggestion from the lady who thinks she knows it all: Booda Dome (brand) Clean Step Litter Box (the specific style). Got one for Rudi because it has a built-in ramp - easier on his hips that way. I got mine at PetSmart. No way in hell your cats are tossing much out of this one - mine like to play kitty-excavating-company as well.

One of mine liked to walk straight into the old-style covered litter box, parked-car style - and pee out of it because he would never turn around so his kitty-heinie was pointed towards the back of the box...

The Booda is two-piece: a top dome and the actual pan. Easy to clean. I plan on getting a second soon.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Oh, and I got a new toothbrush. It's yellow.

Shit, my life is so exciting it hurts.
    We have kids, and our fondest hopes and dreams are that our toothbrushes live quiet and boring lives. You really don't want to be intimate with a toothbrush that has led an exciting life.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

211 again today. It's 5am. Getting ready for the flea market. Ugh.

Wish my period would gtfo. It's heavy this time. Do not want.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Look on the bright side. A heavy period is (usually) a sign of good health. It means your body has the resources to build up a nice, thick lining for any babies, and the muscle tone to produce good, strong contractions to get it all out when it is not needed. You are building a better body.

Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast