Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 52

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    212 today!!

These numbers are getting so low! Only 2 more pounds to go for 50lbs lost, AND my lowest-ever adult weight. Well, actually, technically I'm trying to outdo my low weight from when I was 15 here.. So, not an adult weight, I guess. 'Lowest post-pubertal weight' would be more accurate. I managed to get pretty low at 15 because I was running sprints every night until I collapsed and my lungs swelled up and I could barely breathe. It was painful but effective. It's also part of why I don't want to do sprints now, because having your trachea swell shut really is not much fun, and that sort of visceral memory doesn't go away easily.

I feel significantly less sore than I thought I would today. I worked the shit out of my arms yesterday with multiple rounds of shovelglove, some dips, and a whole boatload of tricep extensions, all sets to failure. I guess my arms never really feel that sore the day after, though. Just my legs, mostly. (Legs are feeling a-ok today. Finally recovered from that hike, lol.) So anyway, I'm going to do more shovelglove today, and some squats and lunges since my legs are better.

Can't get sweaty until later, though, because I have to make my yearly pilgrimage to the welfare office in an hour or so. Then I'm going to the thrift store for another round of smaller clothes! Yay!

Oh, I tried those brown corduroy pants again yesterday -- the ones that are 18s but still too tight. I can button and zip them now, but they are flares (unflattering on me), too long in the leg (weird), the thighs are too tight, and the pockets gap weirdly. So I'm not going to be wearing those. I'll add them back to the donation pile, I guess. I also have two skirts that have been too small to wear. One is marked size 14 and, as of today, I still need about 3 more inches off my waist to comfortably wear. The other is marked an 18 and it fits perfectly now. Maybe a little snug when sitting, but it's fine. Maybe I'll wear it today.

PS: I kind of hate summer. Too many fucking bugs. Last night I found a bunch of mites around my cats' litter box. I use wheat litter because I figure the only thing wheat is good for is pooping on, and I think it's just been too warm and humid, so the mites decided it was good to eat. Did a google search and I guess it's common for that type of litter. Makes sense. Still gross, though. I'm not switching back to clay because I am concerned about the cats eating clay when the litter sticks to their fur (not like I want them eating wheat, but at least it's not going to solidify in their digestive track and cause a blockage, etc), and the tracking covers my house in clay dust, which sucks. So anyway, I cleaned up all the litter on the floor and killed all the mites I saw, and hopefully that takes care of that for now. Haven't seen any today so far.

Anyway, hoping for 210 by the end of the weekend!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Last night I found a bunch of mites around my cats' litter box. I use wheat litter because I figure the only thing wheat is good for is pooping on, and I think it's just been too warm and humid, so the mites decided it was good to eat. Did a google search and I guess it's common for that type of litter.
    Try Feline Pine. Never, ever had a pest problem with this stuff. We have been using this for years on end. It is compressed pine sawdust pellets. The stuff swells and gets fluffy when peed on. We stopped using clay ages ago because the clumping stuff stuck all over my furry boys as they like to play in water (yeah, odd for cats, but ours love it) and the non-clumping stuff gave off dust. Hubby works in environmental remediation and clay actually has a MSDS sheet warning of the dangers of inhaling the dust.

We tried WalMart brand-ish pine pellets and went right back to Feline Pine. Dunno' what makes the branded stuff better, but it is.

Mites - yuck! I'm not grossed out by many bugs, but they give me the heeby-jeebies. (The others would be wasps/hornets, maggots, tapeworm larvae, those icky centipede things that live in basements and can run 1000 miles per hour when the light gets turned on, and cockroaches.)

212 - SUPERB-A-MUNDO-GREATNESS!!

Unfortunately I can't use the pellet litter because my one cat hates it. She does not accept it as litter and pees elsewhere. I tried it last winter and it just did not go well. I gotta use small-particle clumping litter, and that limits my options. The wheat is generally okay, though there is some dust when you pour it into the box after a change. It also does not clump as hard as clay, but I just do not want my cats inhaling/eating clay. When I tried clay once, one of my cats started pooping greyish-tan clay-like poops, and I immediately freaked out and switched back. That is BAD NEWS.

I'll admit that the worm bin has helped me feel more okay about having bugs in my house. I've actually been surprised at the lack of mites in my bin, because they are so common to have there. I do, however, have A LOT of fruit flies, and I had to kill 2 or 3 house flies earlier this week. When I lifted the litter box yesterday, I believe I saw a centipede run out, but it was basically a moving blur, so I can't be sure. Those things move so fast. Centipedes used to freak me out SO BAD, but now I like them because they kill other bugs. And, honestly, they try their very best to avoid humans, and I appreciate that. Other bugs are a lot more annoying (like the damn carpet beetles in my closet), and I like having my centipedes silently take care of them for me. I know I have at least a couple in my place, but I only see one like once every 6 months at most. Suits me fine.

I would, however, not be able to deal with roaches. I would move out immediately the minute I saw one.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Roaches freak me right the fuck out. So not okay with them.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I feel like crap today. Super tired, very sore (shoulders mostly), and having those weird moving chest pains again. I didn't eat anything questionable yesterday, and I'm trying to get enough water, so I'm not sure why I feel so terrible. I think I'm going to go back to sleep for a few hours.

Ok, I slept for like 4 more hours and I feel much more awake now. Shoulders and arms still sore, but I'm not surprised by that. I've been hitting the hammer pretty hard. Legs are a little sore, though, and I am surprised by that. Frankly I just don't know why they would be. Oh well.

Looks like my period is starting/about to start, so I guess maybe that explains the sleepiness and malaise. I hate having a period. Mostly because it stalls my weight loss (though also because it just sucks). I guess I won't be hitting 210 this weekend now.. *grumble*

Hm, just bought some pork rinds at the store because they were on sale. I got the plain ones and they have no taste. My stomach is full now but psychologically I feel like I didn't eat anything. I guess I'm a little disappointed. Next time I'll get the bbq ones, I guess.

Oh, and I got a new toothbrush. It's yellow.

Shit, my life is so exciting it hurts.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Whoo! Toothbrush!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Oh, and my cat Octavia apparently likes pork rinds. This is the cat that also likes peanut butter. And she also likes that sunflower butter. But she does not like meat.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast