Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 50

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    OH GOD *screams and covers her face*

I had no idea my arms looked that bad from behind.... I took some pictures because a friend wanted to see my new pants. Took a few from behind, because I noticed the pants make my ass look good. It's like an ocean of flab back there.... I thought my upper arms had been diminishing in size some lately and I was feeling good about them for once. GUESS AGAIN. The other bad news is that the back upper part of this wonderful wifebeater is kind of narrow, so my fat is like gushing out the sides... UGHHH

I hate to put a body-negative post up, because I really am usually very happy with my body, but OH MY GOD. I just didn't know I looked that bad from behind, and now I feel really self conscious and embarrassed...

are you using any supplements?

for flab i have some ideas, however i have not followed your story well enough to know what to say.

it was your picture that made me take interest even thought i read you all the time.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    are you using any supplements?

for flab i have some ideas, however i have not followed your story well enough to know what to say.
    Right now I'm only taking magnesium and occasional iodine.

Unfortunately, I just have A LOT of fat on my upper arms. That's just where I seem to store it. It's been there since I was a kid and I hate it. I just didn't know exactly how terrible it looked from behind...

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Owly is offline Senior Member
    If you do some triceps and back work, you can firm that up so that the fat looks less squashy. Also, some of the flabbier look is likely because you are losing fat and your skin is looser/softer because it hasn't tightened up yet. It will get better, and I bet it looks worse to you than it does to other people.

Even thin women can have really flabby looking arms if they don't have much muscle there. It's why older women tend to complain about the saggy skin under their arms--yes, skin can sag more when it loses elasticity with aging, but it also has to do with the fact that a lot of women do little to no upper body work even if they are exercising in other ways.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Right now I'm only taking magnesium and occasional iodine.

Unfortunately, I just have A LOT of fat on my upper arms. That's just where I seem to store it. It's been there since I was a kid and I hate it. I just didn't know exactly how terrible it looked from behind...
    I have a lot of fat ..... everywhere. ( ok not everywhere, just where i dont want it )

you need to know how bad your diet was before you can chart how quickly you can remove the flab. and unfortunately it wont be targeted or linear.. ( damn it )

but

making huge assumptions here.

make certain your diet in geared toward increasing your omega 3 intake ( grass fed butter, seafood, red meat) and decreasing your omega 6 intake, ( olive oils and tons of nuts). add as much sulfur to your diet as you can figure out how (eggs have alot, i just take MSM and NAC as well as something i cant really recommend ) then make certain your liver is supported to e able to handle the toxins as they come out. ( silymarin helps, as does coconut oil)

what you can expect to see...
    energy production should increase. insulin levels should fall, that will allow the usable fat to leave the cells. the unusable fat will also come out and get eliminated.

MSM cream is helpful, but i dont feel strongly about topical application of anything, so i cannot verify that thru personal experience.

I notice that as my own inflammation goes down places i didnt care about shaping up get much more defined and the places i worry about do shrink but to me ( after this last 2 years) it is the places i didnt think about that surprise me most. my neck and shoulders are rock hard as well as my calves. My arms ( which were flabby) are starting to trim and cut.

We are what we eat.

if you were a typical American you have a lot of trans fats inside and they are not useable, all you can do is encourage them to die and leave you in piece
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    If you do some triceps and back work, you can firm that up so that the fat looks less squashy.
    I've been doing a fair amount of shoulder/bicep/pectoral work but not nearly enough tricep work. I'm going to turn those fucking things into jello tonight.

Also, some of the flabbier look is likely because you are losing fat and your skin is looser/softer because it hasn't tightened up yet.
    That may be, but.. ughhh

It will get better, and I bet it looks worse to you than it does to other people.
    I don't know, man. You be the judge: Front View / Back View

Even thin women can have really flabby looking arms if they don't have much muscle there. It's why older women tend to complain about the saggy skin under their arms--yes, skin can sag more when it loses elasticity with aging, but it also has to do with the fact that a lot of women do little to no upper body work even if they are exercising in other ways.
    I'll try. Because this is just unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    make certain your diet in geared toward increasing your omega 3 intake ( grass fed butter, seafood, red meat) and decreasing your omega 6 intake, ( olive oils and tons of nuts). add as much sulfur to your diet as you can figure out how (eggs have alot, i just take MSM and NAC as well as something i cant really recommend ) then make certain your liver is supported to e able to handle the toxins as they come out. ( silymarin helps, as does coconut oil)
    I don't eat as much grassfed meat as I would like to because it's hard for me to get my hands on. I usually buy leaner cuts and supplement the fat with grassfed butter. I was taking fish oil pills before but then I started worrying that maybe they were rancid and I was actually hurting myself even more. I can go buy some more. I don't really eat nuts except for 2 brazil nuts a day for the selenium. I usually eat around 3-4 eggs a day.

Generally I think my O3:O6 ratio is abysmal, and I worry about it. The only way I was eating fish before was in the form of curry, but I had to stop making it when I gave up peanuts. Eventually I will get back to the asian grocery and pick up a different type of curry paste that does not require peanuts to taste good. But I don't drive so I don't know when that will be.

what you can expect to see...
    energy production should increase. insulin levels should fall, that will allow the usable fat to leave the cells. the unusable fat will also come out and get eliminated.
    I'm in ketosis right now and have been waking up every morning at like 6-7am with no alarm, so I think that's already going on as we speak.

MSM cream is helpful, but i dont feel strongly about topical application of anything, so i cannot verify that thru personal experience.
    I'll read about it, thanks.

I notice that as my own inflammation goes down places i didnt care about shaping up get much more defined and the places i worry about do shrink but to me ( after this last 2 years) it is the places i didnt think about that surprise me most. my neck and shoulders are rock hard as well as my calves. My arms ( which were flabby) are starting to trim and cut.
    Yeah, I mean, my neck and chin and shoulders (in the front, anyway) got a lot firmer, as did my lower back. And I guess that's important, but I'm still waiting on my arms and upper back.. TICK TOCK, GUYS.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, ladybear, that doesn't look like an ocean of flab to me. The saggy bits above your elbows look like the excess skin stuff I was talking about, which makes sense if you've been feeling like your arms have gotten smaller. Your skin hasn't had a chance to catch up, which is an issue for pretty much anyone who loses a fair bit of weight.

Also, Star Trek badge = win.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

All I see is ROLLS ON ROLLS ON ROLLS.

At least I still look ok from this angle.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    They look like arms, Mizz Ladybear, nothing flabby or icky about them.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I should add that I understand your body anxiety. Sometimes I get a glimpse of something in the mirror or in a picture and it's just the right angle to make me feel like I am the ugliest specimen on the planet. WTF is that droop right there right now?! Ugliest arms evaarrrr.... But really, they aren't. And you are well on your way to getting the body you are looking for.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    They look like arms, Mizz Ladybear, nothing flabby or icky about them.

Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast