Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 5

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I bought an ear-stretching kit today! I'm excited (and now poor)!

I've been waffling about gauging my ears for many, many years. Today I decided to shut up and just do it. It'll probably take 6 months to reach a 0 gauge (8mm). Hopefully by the time I reach that I'll also be reaching my goal of 200lbs. I'm really looking forward to looking like a totally different person. Not that there is anything wrong with the way I look right now. But I've always enjoyed "reinventing" myself every couple years. 3 years ago I had a boy haircut and wore boy clothes. Now I've got long hair and dress in flowy earthtones. Next up: Plugs and lumberjack flannel! Go Go Gadget Douchebag!

Hopefully girls are into the douchebag look. God knows they aren't into whatever I am right now.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Blah, my schedule is still all goofed up from staying out late on Saturday, and losing an hour from Daylight Saving Time. Aaaand I'm bloated (squishy all over and my weight is up to 240 from 236), presumably from the exercise. The last time I bloated up was a couple days after walking 5 miles. This time it was a day after dancing. When I got home on Saturday night, I actually checked how many calories I burned at the club. It was somewhere around 1000 for just two hours! Sometimes it's a good thing to be super heavy and also a super vigorous dancer, I guess. Though, I hope I remember to stretch out next time before I go. The last two times, I got side cramps and had to take watercooler breaks to nurse them. Ouch.

The brushing/flossing/oil pulling experiment is going very well so far. My teeth feel smooth and clean, even after a meal, and a significant amount of tartar is gone. Also, I no longer bleed profusely from the mouth. So that's cool. For my next trick, I'll be attempting to shower every morning, just to build the habit. Look at me, I'm becoming like normal people! What the hell's going on?

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ouch, that looks painful. Are you stopping at 8mm?
    Some boys at my HS have huge ones (ear lobes. lol). My concern for them is that it is a permanent change. Well I guess they could have cosmetic surgery.

I so want to go out dancing.

Oil pulling rocks.

Finally, We can't judge your attractiveness to other women unless you show us some pics. Dare Ya!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Hopefully girls are into the douchebag look.
    Many seem to be. That or guys are just into being douchebags/looking like them and girls just take what is available. Good luck on the ear gauging. I've found that for some it is a fantastic look. I hope you are one of the some

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Ouch, that looks painful. Are you stopping at 8mm?
    Some boys at my HS have huge ones (ear lobes. lol). My concern for them is that it is a permanent change. Well I guess they could have cosmetic surgery.
    It shouldn't hurt at all if I wait long enough for everything to heal between size-ups! The taper things will be useful as well. I thought about just buying the jewelry individually first, but it was only slightly more expensive to do the whole kit, and I think it'll be worth it.

As for my ears, they are already super scarred up as it is from piercing my ears repeatedly with unsanitized safety pins in middle/high school and then not cleaning them at all. Yay for making smart decisions!

I so want to go out dancing.
    You should go with your bellydance friends!

I hope I get to go again this weekend. My best friend is firing off a glaze kiln that night and I think we're going to go dance while it's baking. I'm also excited because some of my own pots that I threw on the wheel and glazed in December are finally going in the kiln! I hope they turn out!

Oil pulling rocks.
    I was skeptical, but it really seems to soften up the tartar, and my nose has been a lot less stuffy.

Finally, We can't judge your attractiveness to other women unless you show us some pics. Dare Ya!
    Haha, I'll put up some glamour shots one of these days. I just don't want to be an attention-seeker.

[QUOTE=Gravyboat;753420
    Haha, I'll put up some glamour shots one of these days. I just don't want to be an attention-seeker. [/QUOTE]

OMG you are talking to the total pic ho...but I didn't start that way. I sort of evolved. lol It is easy to do especially when Canio6 tells you you're cute.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Many seem to be. That or guys are just into being douchebags/looking like them and girls just take what is available. Good luck on the ear gauging. I've found that for some it is a fantastic look. I hope you are one of the some
    That is pretty much it, I think. There are some good guys out there (like the last guy I dated -- he was a total sweetheart, AND he had a big gorgeous beard and wore a kilt! Jackpot!), but most are so self-absorbed it's incredible. And it can be kind of difficult to tell if a person is healthily self-confident or a straight-up raging douchebag until you're already involved and can plot the patterns. So much time wasted! At least I know how to cut my losses and run now. It took me a while.

I honestly haven't been feelin' dudes for a while now, though. And my "type" is big, strong, hairy, bear-looking guys with beards. They're so hard to find, and then add a primal requirement.. Ehhh. Needle in a haystack. And right now I feel like getting big, strong, and hairy myself instead. (I've already got the big and hairy parts down.) When I lose more weight, I'll probably go hit up a uniform supply store and stock up on work clothes. Bulletproof-polyester mechanic slacks, work boots, flannel, and a canvas construction jacket. Yeaahhhh.

Then maybe a beautiful artsy girl will somehow drop from the sky and fall desperately in love with me. Siiigh.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I honestly haven't been feelin' dudes for a while now, though. *snipped*
    Then maybe a beautiful artsy girl will somehow drop from the sky and fall desperately in love with me. Siiigh.
    I can relate. I haven't been feeling them for a while myself (about 36 years but hey, that is a while). I wish you much like finding a beautiful, artsy girl. If you find comfortable work boots let me know

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I can relate. I haven't been feeling them for a while myself (about 36 years but hey, that is a while). I wish you much like finding a beautiful, artsy girl. If you find comfortable work boots let me know
    You'd better not be feelin' dudes. I'll be jealous.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    OMG you are talking to the total pic ho...but I didn't start that way. I sort of evolved. lol It is easy to do especially when Canio6 tells you you're cute.
    Haha, fine. Here ya go, the crappiest picture ever, and I took it just for you!

Special bonus: Do you have your tickets to the gun show?

Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast