Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 49

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Holy fuck, the spam is out in full force right now.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Still at 213 today, and my leg/feet muscles are still SUPER sore. I didn't drink nearly enough water yesterday either so I'm sure that also has something to do with it. This should be the last day of DOMS.

Slept on my couch last night (actually a loveseat) because it was still 90 degrees at 11pm (so I slept next to the AC in the living room instead of sleeping in my sweltering bedroom with sticky humidity sheets)... So anyway, I'm pretty sure sleeping on a loveseat didn't help the soreness either. Today is humid as fuck, so I'm still running the AC. I'm not as worried now about the cost, because I ran it a lot last month during the heat wave and my electric bill was only $29. I was expecting it to be around $35 or more, so that was nice to see.

Hoping to win an ebay auction today for a new bra. The new $2 maternity wifebeater (yes really) I wear basically every day now is comfy and nice and fits like a glove, but unfortunately my bra straps show in the back, and flesh-colored bra straps are just so... I dunno, tacky. So I'm hoping to get a cheap black bra in the same style. And preferably a band size up, because for whatever reason the 38G I bought before is still so tight it compresses my ribcage. Even though that is the size my measurements measure out to. I mean, I had to cut up my old bra and make a hook extender just to wear it. And the cups feel just a little snug too. So I think a 40G in that style will work much better, even though it makes me a little sad, because I liked the idea of having a "normal people" band size for once.

At least I'm still in normal people pants sizes! I still can't get over that. <3

I also figured out why I thought I was still in an 18. The pants I've been wearing are 18 Talls and they fit like a glove. I looked on the website for the brand that made them, and, for whatever reason, 18T is analogous in waist/hip measurement to 16 Regulars. Don't ask me why, because I don't get it either. I also have another pair of 18 pants that I can't even button. Both of these pants are from the thrift store, though, so I got to thinking: Maybe they were at the thrift store in good condition BECAUSE the sizing is weird. Someone bought them because they were 18s, but they ended up being way smaller than real 18s, so they never got worn, and then got donated. Makes sense to me.

I feel I should also confess that I bought 16W shorts and not 16 Regulars, so maybe I'm cheating. But as far as I know, the only real difference is the pattern is made to fit a curvier body, rather than using a sized-up 8.

It's funny, though, because, I don't think I mentioned, of the 2 pairs of size 16W shorts I got, I am probably going to take one of them back because they are TOO BAGGY. Can you believe it? I can't. Speaking of 16Ws, I'm concerned about having to move to a 14 Regular next, because of the different fit.. Somehow I don't think that's going to work. I'm guessing I'll need to do a 16 Regular next, but I guess we'll see what happens. Maybe I can find a 14W somewhere?
    Last edited by Gravyboat; 07-18-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I think it depends on how your fat distribution changes as you shrink. I know women who should be able to wear an 8 who can't because the cut isn't curvy enough, so they end up getting a bigger size and having them tailored to fit. I wish you could buy women's stuff by a combination of waist/hip measurement as well as length, at least for basics like jeans. I mean, men's shirts are sold with different combinations of body and collar size and come in regular and tall versions, so it's not like there isn't some precedent.

Anyhow, the 16R might be the next logical step, but I think some places must have 14W. Most plus-size stores here start at a 14, not a 16, so there's a little size overlap. That's likely not going to help once you hit a 12, though, so it just postpones the issue if you shrink more but stay super curvy.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Yeah, I have a feeling my shape isn't going to change much. Oh well, I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

OTOH, it's the sort of shape a lot of people would love to have. Hourglasses are a pain in the ass when it comes to getting dressed, but when you get stuff that fits well, damn!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Hourglasses are a pain in the ass when it comes to getting dressed, but when you get stuff that fits well, damn!
    This is the god's honest truth. That's the main reason I've been wearing this wifebeater like every day (the other reason is that I'm still trying to fix this farmers tan -- I think it might just be a lost cause, honestly). It's the first shirt I've had in a long time that actually shows my waist. I just love maternity shirts. <3 They are not only really long, but also super stretchy and formfitting, two things I need in a shirt and almost never find, especially not together. I mean, they also clearly show the fact that I still have a belly, but who cares about that. I've got an ass too, so I would just look weird if I didn't have a belly, you know?

I guess it's also a bit of a fib that I can wear "normal people sizes" since I still need Talls, especially in shirts. I HATE shirts that are ~2" too short. One of my biggest pet peeves, for real.

Your love of maternity shirts sounds a lot like my discovery of boys' t-shirts. They're cut slimmer in the body than men's smalls with more waist taper, but they have more shoulder room than women's tees. I don't have enough bust to need much extra room for it, and my upper body is more triangular like you might see in a fit teenage boy than the shape that women's clothing anticipates (soft sloped shoulders, smaller arm muscles, etc.). Yay mesomorph?

Owly's Journal

It's awesome being able to find a class of clothing that works well with your body, even if it was technically cut for a whole different sort of person. It's actually a lot nicer than just finding a few good pieces here and there, because you know you can always find that specific cut instead of having to hunt for it every time.

Oh yay, and I won my bra auction. Paid $14.50 for a bra that is $46.50 from the company. Score.

Apparently a 40G costs $10 more than a 40DDD on their site, though? What the fuck. How dare I grow such bodacious knockers, I guess. Clearly the only option is financial retribution.

Oh crap, I forgot that the bra I got before is actually a 38F because the cup sizes are weird for that brand. The 40G might actually be too big. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. We'll see. Maybe I'll have to pad my bra like a middle schooler. Won't that be fun!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OH GOD *screams and covers her face*

I had no idea my arms looked that bad from behind.... I took some pictures because a friend wanted to see my new pants. Took a few from behind, because I noticed the pants make my ass look good. It's like an ocean of flab back there.... I thought my upper arms had been diminishing in size some lately and I was feeling good about them for once. GUESS AGAIN. The other bad news is that the back upper part of this wonderful wifebeater is kind of narrow, so my fat is like gushing out the sides... UGHHH

I hate to put a body-negative post up, because I really am usually very happy with my body, but OH MY GOD. I just didn't know I looked that bad from behind, and now I feel really self conscious and embarrassed...

Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast