Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravyboat's Log, Stardate 59575.1 page 47

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oof, my legs and feet are sore! I didn't even know I had muscles in my feet before today. Damn. Must have been all that gripping with my toes, trying to pull myself up the hills.

It's interesting because I am feeling all these obscure little stabilizer muscles in my legs that don't tense up until I tip my balance or step a certain way. I guess that means the hike was effective!

I can't wait to go again!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Hmmm. Just tried some sunflower butter for the first time. I don't know if I like it or not. It kinda tastes like peanut butter, but then again, doesn't. Maybe it's just this brand, too, but I can sorta taste the seed hulls. Kinda bitter and woody.

I dunno.....

This shit is so high in omega 6 it's just insane. 2 Tbsp is like 9000mg!!! On the other hand, it has high levels of a lot of vitamins and minerals, particularly Pantothenic Acid, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Copper and Manganese.

I think it would be good with honey. And I should really only eat like a little teaspoon of it at a time, I think. I just wanted to try it. I don't think I'm going to buy it again.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    After barefooting/wearing minimalist shoes for a couple of years now, my feet are ridiculously strong. I can actually sort of grip the ground with them on a moving train, for example. It's kind of awesome! They're super veiny now though--apparently my feet and hands are the first bits of me to get really lean.

Sunflower butter is okay. Cashew butter is delicious. Macadamia butter is incredible, but so is the price. Sigh.

That second cartoon lost its caption--it said something like "shit that never, ever happens", which makes it funnier.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I want cashew butter. The only reason I didn't get that instead is because I would inhale the entire jar in one sitting. Cashews are my ultimate vice, no joke.

That would be similar to the reason I very, very rarely bring brie into my house. I can eat a couple hundred grams at one sitting (that's like half a pound of cheese). Not. Safe. For. Me.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Oh no, I'm getting the headache/tight throat/chest pains thing again (albeit much milder than with that cake..). Perhaps sunflower seeds aren't suited for me.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Dammit, apparently multiple quotations don't work when you change pages. I had so much to comment on!

I am still catching up on your journal, but mostly, I just wanted to say, if you ever move to the Greater Boston Area, I want to hang out with you. Teach me how to lift weights!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hi! I know, sorry, there's a lot of endless existential whining and inappropriately-timed capital-letter swear words and all sorts of wonderfully boring things to read here in this, my journal. I feel truly sorry for anyone who reads it from start to finish.

Here's a cliffnotes version:

OMG YOU GUYS NEW LOW WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG YOU GUYS WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

I'M ANGRY FOR REASONS!!!!!!!

LONG, MEANDERING, PSYCHOANALYTIC EMOTIONAL MASTURBATION!!!!!!!!

MY CHILDHOOD SUCKED!!!!!!

WHY AM I SO SEXYHOT!!!!!!!!!

I WALKED LIKE 25 FEET TODAY, THAT COUNTS AS EXERCISE!!!!

WORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's about it.

But seriously, I am down with having a potential hangout buddy in the Greater Boston Area. Also I am totally not a weightlifting expert, but if you came to Ohio we could always go find NicMcCool's gym and I'm sure he could teach us how to do farmers carries with gallons of chocolate milk and bust out squatz and high five a lot and call everyone bro. That's what weightlifting is all about, I am pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    But seriously, I am down with having a potential hangout buddy in the Greater Boston Area. Also I am totally not a weightlifting expert, but if you came to Ohio we could always go find NicMcCool's gym and I'm sure he could teach us how to do farmers carries with gallons of chocolate milk and bust out squatz and high five a lot and call everyone bro. That's what weightlifting is all about, I am pretty sure.
    Hells yeah, it's totes about that, brochick. Every time I touch a barbell my IQ drops 50 points and I develop an insatiable thirst for HFCS-laden dairy products.

True story, bro.

Owly's Journal

Yo, I ain't a brochick, bro. I prefer ladybear, tbh.

Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast